Prima luna Owners - What Speakers are you using

I am interested to hear from Primaluna owners with regard to what speakers they use or feel match well with Prima Luna Amps
I use Primaluna Prologue 3, 5, and 8
Thnx
Brad
128x128bradf
Grinnel-Thnx for the input. I am using Triangle Celius ESW with REL Sub and Townsend Super Tweeters. I am looking to improve from There. The Reference 3A De Capo sounds like a speaker I should listen to. The reference 3A Episode is another one in there line I would like to put on the list.
As far as I know, the Closest Dealer is in Seattle, I am in Portland (approx 170 miles away). I could turn it into a weekend getaway with the wife (not sure she will buy into that. It wouldn't be our first Seattle week-end get-away that didn't end up spending hours at an Audio store or two)
I am not familiar with the Klipsch Quartet, sounds like they may be too big for my place also. None the less I will do some browsing and see if they are a speaker I would want to put on the list
Thanks again for you suggestions and time
Brad
Rarl / Rich - Thank you for taking the time to help me out. The Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1 monitors are a speaker I have no familiarity with, which is in part what I was hoping to generate with this thread. I will start with some web browsing and go from there. I keep coming across the Opera Platea floorstanders. I have come across other forums where the Opera Platea / PrimaLuna combo has came up. I understand that the Opera Platea throw a beautiful sound stage accompanied by an A+ midband. This is in fact qualities I want to keep or improve upon. I also understand there not fusssy when it comes to set up. My current set up is Triangle Celius ESW, with REL Sub and Townsend Super Tweeters. I am mostly looking to improve on inner detail, separation and focus of each instrument and or course tonal accuracy. Thank You for taking the time to contribute to my quest for the best $5000.00 speaker well suited for the PrimaLuna 5
Martykl - Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I have had the pleasure of listening to the Merlin VSMs. The tonal accuracy is very real. This is a speaker I could probably live with, but not sure I can live with the cost. I am more into the best for 5-6K opposed to 15K. There is the potential of a purchase on the used market, although you don’t see a nice pair coming up often. I am glad you brought them up. They are definitely going on the list. Since the prologue 6's put out 70watts, do you think the Prologue 5 at 36-40 watts would match well
Thank You, Brad
Brad,

I can't really comment on the PL5/Merlin as I have no direct experience with the combo, but I can say that the speakers don't require a ton of power to work well. I've gotten more than adequate SPL and very good dynamics out of the older VSM SE (in a medium sized room) when powered by Cary 300b monos, which produce +/-15wpc. On that basis, I'd speculate that power output from the PL5 would not be an issue unless your room is large and/or you want pretty high SPL.

As to price, used VSMs of various pedigree are usually listed here between $2.5K and $4.5k. Older variations of the VSM can generally be upgraded. If you find a pair that looks appealing, Bobby P. of Merlin is always eager to work thru that with you. If you like the particular VSM "family sound" (not everyone does, but I'm a big fan), I'm pretty confident that you can get a good example well within your budget.

Good Luck,

Marty

I'm currently using my Primaluna Dialogue 1 with NOS Russian 6n3c-e output and Amperex Bugle Boy 12au7 and Sylvania 5751 3 mica black plates. The speakers I have swapped in and out at various times are: Tekton Lore, Tekton 4.5, Infinity Prelude Compositions, Sound Dynamics 300ti. My brother brought over his Harbeth HL5s along with his Leben CS600 integrated for a weekend of listening, swapping various stuff around. Great time.