Streamer vs. new mac mini for 2 channel system

Hi audio friends,

I LOVE the functionality of my mac mini with my 2 channel system: Exasound 62e DAC, Modwright ls100 pre, Coda continuum 8 power amp and Wilson Sabrina speakers.  Being able to navigate with mouse and keyboard from my listening position is infinitely better than using a tablet or some mickey mouse app with my phone.  

The issue is the mac mini.  Clearly this is not the best transport, however I want to use my 2 channel system for more than just streaming roon.  I listen to soundcloud a lot to learn about new music and when I watch tv I want to utilize the stereo for netflix, crave etc.  My Dac has only 1 usb in and obviously an optical + s/pdif, but the fidelity is just not as good with the other inputs.  

I almost pulled the trigger on a Lumin U1 mini, but again I do not see how this transport will improve fidelity, without limiting overall functionality.  How do I bring a new mac mini to a place where it can compete with a dedicated transport like the lumin, or is this even a reasonable suggestion?  

Looking to optimize the system in the most efficient way.
Confused - any suggestions would be much appreciated.

cshadow
Who says the mac mini is not the best transport? Not me. Many have noted that when you compare power supply noise in major PC platforms Apple is tops for audio, and supports the full HD USB profiles.

Paul McGowan, who sells a transport, uses one at home.

The issue is not the transport itself, but rather clocking and ground noise. Both are handled independently - most transports are not so great in either respect either - jitter for the simple reason that clocking over distance has issues and is better done at the destination than the source - and typically is with USB.

You ought to make sure the USB is isolated from ground; and if you wish to spend money get a good, linear DC power supply for the mini.

G
I have both.
that is, a Mac Mini and also a streamer/DAC/preamp
(the Matrix Element X), in addition to a now-unused streamer (the Bluesound Node 2i).  FWIW, I almost never use the streaming function of the Element X (even though it's a very good Roon endpoint). The Mini is my usual Roon endpoint. The main reason is to run DSP on the Mac (BACCH4Mac spatial audio processing).  I do also have a separate Roon server, though.

I'm not experiencing (or at least not perceiving) issues with noise, drop-outs, or control functions.  I'll say this, though:  all else being equal, I'd prefer ethernet over USB connections. The problem I've experienced with USB isn't sound quality but reliability.  After a power outage, the USB-connected functions don't necessarily come back up gracefully.  So it sometimes takes a little trouble-shooting.

I just installed https://www.schiit.com/products/modius DAC between my Mini and pre amp, now I have fully balanced system and result is stunning ! At these moment I don't see reason spending big $$ on streamer that might sound better but if it does I have to convince myself that in fact I can hear difference just so I can justify spending big $$ for not much of the improvement 
FWIW, Apple is rumored to be introducing an all new Mac Mini in the very near future.