Streamer vs. new mac mini for 2 channel system

Hi audio friends,

I LOVE the functionality of my mac mini with my 2 channel system: Exasound 62e DAC, Modwright ls100 pre, Coda continuum 8 power amp and Wilson Sabrina speakers.  Being able to navigate with mouse and keyboard from my listening position is infinitely better than using a tablet or some mickey mouse app with my phone.  

The issue is the mac mini.  Clearly this is not the best transport, however I want to use my 2 channel system for more than just streaming roon.  I listen to soundcloud a lot to learn about new music and when I watch tv I want to utilize the stereo for netflix, crave etc.  My Dac has only 1 usb in and obviously an optical + s/pdif, but the fidelity is just not as good with the other inputs.  

I almost pulled the trigger on a Lumin U1 mini, but again I do not see how this transport will improve fidelity, without limiting overall functionality.  How do I bring a new mac mini to a place where it can compete with a dedicated transport like the lumin, or is this even a reasonable suggestion?  

Looking to optimize the system in the most efficient way.
Confused - any suggestions would be much appreciated.

cshadow
The key benefit of a streamer on SQ is reduced EMI and RFI. In my experience it takes a good amount of workarounds such as USB noise reducers to clean up the quality of output from a computer. Apparently Macs do have less EMI and RFI than do most PCs though.

My suggestion. If you have the Mac already. Bring your digital setup to a dealer and compare to the streamer that he/she is selling. If you hear a difference, consider buying the streamer.

Or, buy a streamer used so you can try it and resell it if you see no benefit over a Mac. FWIW, the Pro-ject Stream Box S2 Ultra has been working well for me for both SQ & connecting to a variety of sources.
+2 on buying a used dedicated streamer and compare to Mini.  I had roon core running on a mini and just got tired of all the upgrades and garbage affecting my rig.  Bought an SGC ST to run the Roon core and put  it in my cabinet and barely have to touch it.  I think its gone through one upgrade.  Mini was doing updates monthly.

Post removed 
@tvad One solution that I found to optimize sound quality was to turn off the WiFi in my streamer and to use an Ethernet cable connected to a WiFi extender that provides an Ethernet access point. That provides the benefit of not having miles of Ethernet cable in my house, cuts out EMI/RFI running through the Ethernet cable, as well as reducing a source of RFI in my streamer.

The audible improvement over connecting my Pro-ject streamer via WiFi was immediately noticeable and not at all subtle.