Another great gone, this time its Charlie Watts

At 80.  Seriously, a great drummer. I  think.  Such a loss.  
rpeluso
On the same one you'll reside on if your lucky enough to hit 79 and hopefully not regret saying what you did on a memorial type post , on the eve of your 80th should karma come calling. Its a mans life.  
I've been streaming The Stones every day since Charlie's passing. It takes me back to my teenage years playing drums in my garage band. 
A couple takeaways have been how Charlie always played what was needed, no more, no less. And the tone of his Gretch kit was always perfect, I'm not too familiar with the music or type of production after the 90's.
Another takeaway having nothing to do with the band is how highly compressed remasters have ruined the purity of the drums. Deep, processed thumps from the kick drum and the lack of wood timbre does not make for enjoyable listening. I'm so pleased more of the Stones great albums are being remastered for the better.

Lastly, after some critical listening, I could hear Keef's solid background in the blues in almost everything he played. This and Charlie's signature style and sound are what defined the Stones for me.

@goofyfoot 
I'd have to say Sticky Fingers, Let it Bleed, and Exile. I love the tunes, and I'm also a Mick Taylor fan. I think he and Keef made magic together.

I'll also throw in Some Girls as a fav. I took the train into Manhattan to buy the record at Discomat, a large record shop
which had crazy low prices.

https://youtu.be/E9rWlf2dczs