Surround Processor better than a Proceed AVP?

Looking for a $500-900 Surround Processor Recommendation to replace a Proceed AVP-S:

1.Must have multi-room (2 zone) preout for 2-ch (so no Meridian?)
2.2-ch and 5-ch music quality on-par with or better than the Proceed AVP-S (so no Japanese AVRs?)
3.DD/DTS a must
4.Reliable – no pops or hiss. I’m getting some little pops and hangs with my AVP.
5.DD TrueHD or 5.1 analog input (AVP lacks this, AVP2 too expensive?)

Amps will be Rotel, speakers from North Creek (front/sub) and NHT (rear in-ceiling). I will not need any video switching.
ericsphillips
I have had 2 AVP 700, great sound, especially the built-in DAC. But I question the reliability, you may want to reconsider, btw they run very warm-hot.
Unfortunately the first started to buzz in 1 channel growing louder & louder, then thru all 5.1 channels. A tech told me it was the computer processing unit commonly shared with an Onkyo AV/p that was the problem, but no longer available thru Arcam. Said it was fixed but it had more switching & noise problems afterward. Purchased a second (used, 3+ yrs old) one and the same thing started to happen in about 6 months. Then an electrical surge put the last nail in.
An Arcam staffer described the units complexity similar to today's laptops. "High performance, but built w so many computer type parts", "you cant expect them to last like audio of years gone by, after 3-4 years you figure its time to through it away" (my paraph)
Wow! I reread this stream and it was difficult to recall the setup I used when I wrote my posts. I still have a Proceed PAV/PDSD pair that I haven't been using.

Now processing is by an Oppo BDP-105. The stereo preamp is a Parasound JC-2 BP. The amps are Proceed HPA 2 & 3. I recently bought a Cary Cinema 11a that takes HDMI from the Oppo and a Sony XA5400ES for surround. Stereo from the Cary is passed through the JC-2 BP; surround goes directly to the amps. Before the Cary, surround from the Oppo went directly to the amps, stereo through the JC-2 BP.

The stereo sources are an Ayre C-5xeMP and Thorens TD124/SME III/Ortofon through a JC-3 phono stage. The mains are a pair of KEF Reference 107/2s with 102 surrounds. A pair of Velodyne HGS-15s managed by an SMS-1 provide LF supplement for HT.

db