two 10's or one larger subwoofer?

I know that this has been asked before but I would like to get more feedback. I have a 2-channel setup and would like to add more low end. I am aware that larger subwoofers typically have lower frequency response. Does that mean better bass? My speakers are Wharfedale EVO 2 50's which are floor standers. Any and all opinions would be appreciated.
tmega
Larry,

Thanks for that, my thought is that 2 would fill the room more evenly than 1. I just wanted some input from experienced listeners so I could draw my own conclusions. As for 2 JLs that would be way outside my budget.

Tony
Thanks to everyone for their opinions. Feel free to offer more I like to hear what others are thinking about this obsessive but enjoyable hobby.

Tony
Tony,
There are other subs...you may try used ones to start. One, then a second as funds become available.
My friend has 'no budget'...frankly, I'm jealous, as most of us do.

Might try right here on 'Gon...see what's available.

Good luck,
Larry
My trusty 10" driver REL Q150E sounds amazing (with Silverline Prelude mains) from a 1 foot sealed square box, verifying that they (REL) know what they're doing. I mean really...I also have couple of pro bass rigs with various cabinets: An Eden 15 ported, Eden 2X10 (the larger one with tuning vents on top and bottom), and an Eden 12 combo ported. Of all these the 2X10 cab goes lowest in frequency, and sounds amazing stacked on top of the 15. I can get the 12 combo to sound very similar albeit at lower levels. Don't know if this helps the topic, but at least it gave me a chance to talk about my bass stuff and use the word "albeit."
Larry & Wolf,
I picked up a Rel T2 and this thing has added what I was missing. I mean that it makes my system sound so much better. So with that said this a great start but I already want more. Which takes me back to my original question 2 small subs or 1 larger sub (or 2 larger)? This stuff never ends!

Thx,

Tony

I love the way that the Rel integrates!