Aurum Acoustics Integris CDP

This new CD player already received glowing accolades. It looks like Reimyo CDP and appears to be built like tank, uses Anagram Quantum SRC module and Philips CD Pro 2M top-loading transport. Any comment on the performance of this CD player?
ah023
I heard an early version of the full aurum system including the cd/pre, 330b amp (w/ bryston for the woofers), and speakers and it was a very compelling. The sound was full an warm with great detail. The presentation was slightly on the dull side for my ears, but the system was using cardas g. ref cables and I thought with valhalla it just might be perfect.

--will
I agree with Wrtickle. I heard the whole system at CES, and it sounded seriously good.
The Aurum CD player appears to have been derived from a combination of technology seen in the Orpheus Labs and Audio Aero products.
However, it can't use the patented STARS process that Audio Aero uses, so it does not quite measure-up to that standard. It can be easily heard, partcularly in the higher frequencies,detail and over-all musicality.
It is understandable that one manufacturer can not use others patented processor but reviews in the Ultra Audio, AIG and Secrets of Home Theater & high Fidelity are quite indicative of superlative performance of the Integris CDP. However, I am looking forward to the users comments.

Have you compared the Capitole Reference & Integris side by side?
Side by side? No, but I sincerely doubt that you are going to find anyone who has. I have heard both and I reported what I heard to be the differences. To be fair, the performance of the player may have been handicapped by the components downstream. To be sure, one would have to have both in the same system, but like I already said, that's probably not going to happen.
As to what reviewers claim to hear, and their motivations? Let's not go there...
Aurum is a very small Canadian company that markets their components as a whole system: CD player/preamp with active speakers. You're usually not going to find the CD player off by itself somewhere. However, under the pressure of a Digital-Crazy North American market, they may have to market the CD player separately...