A phenomenal new CD transport-Pro-Ject CD Box RS2 transport

I have had in-house for the last week Pro-Ject's new CD Box RS2 transport to review for the website Stereo Times. I was very curious to assess its performance because it uses the Pro 8 drive with the Blue Tiger CD-84 servo card. This drive was developed and built by StreamUnlimited a company started by the original Phillips designers that historically built the finest CD mechanisms. Only two other companies use the StreamUnlimited 8 drive and Blue Tiger CD-84 servo card, their pieces cost $16,000 and $39,000 compared to Pro-Ject's sane price of $3,000!

My reference for the last two years has been the excellent Jay's Audio MK-II transport that had out-performed much more expensive highly regarded transports in my system. Well, across every sonic parameter  (transparency/micro-details-overall dynamics/bottom-end extension/purity of tonality- a much more airy sound-stage with wonderful 3D imaging) compared to the Jay's Audio transport.

That's way I titled this thread a "phenomenal new CD transport" because while not inexpensive, it just might be a bargain based on its performance. Mind you, this superlative level of performance is based on using the switching power supply that Pro-Ject ships the transport with. I have shortly coming a custom 20 watt 3 amp linear power supply from Linear Tube Audio and Pro-Ject's own upgraded power supply to see if the RS2 transport performance will even go to a higher qualitative level of performance.

I'll be writing a full detailed review for Stereo Times in the near future. However, I wanted to share this information to GON members who still spin CDs. I have had numerous CD transports in for evaluation and this just might be the best sounding of all of them.

Teajay (Terry London)

amorstereo
I have very happily been using the P.S. Audio PWT the past 8 or 9 years and it is wonderful paired with my Yamamoto YDA-01 DAC. Listening last night to jazz guitarist Royce Campbell CD   "Solo Wes" a tribute to the great Wes Montgomery.

It felt as though I was sitting in the recording studio, so real and tactile. Not an uncommon outcome with the PWT. Intriguing to contemplate the Pro-Ject CD Box transport taking this type of listening experience yet a further step upward. The comments on this thread are quite encouraging.
Charles
For those looking for a LPS to use besides what's been offered here, here's a review of several models that took the reviewer about 4 months to conduct:https://audiobacon.net/2021/08/06/the-worlds-best-audiophile-linear-power-supplies/

All the best,
Nonoise
@ in_shore

Build that Vh Audio umbilical cord and you'll be rewarded with better SQ across the board for $80 and 30 minutes of your time 😁

Wig
@nonoise, 
Thanks for the review link. I'm glad the Fidelizer Nikola LPS was included.  Lots of positive comments I've come across in regard to its sound quality. 
Charles