I feel bad for GenX'ers that missed out on the 60s and 70s.

I feel sad for GenX'ers and millennials that missed out on two of the greatest decades for music. The 60s and 70s. 

Our generation had Aretha Franklin, Etta James, James Brown, Beatles, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Joni Mitchell, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, Jimi Hendrix, Donna Summer, Earth Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, The Kinks, The Stones, The Doors, Elton John, Velvet Underground and loads more

We saw these legends live during their peak, concert tickets were cheaper, music was the everything to youth culture, we actually brought album on a vinyl format (none of that crappy CDs or whatever the kids call it).

60s-70s were the greatest time to be a music fan.
michaelsherry59
I’m a boomer. Started listening to Motown and Elvis along with the stuff our parents listened to... Perry Como Dean Martin Eddy Arnold Tony Bennet... still singing... Johnny Mathis Andy Williams and so on. Then The Carpenters came out ... what a voice. As I matured into the early 70’s I discovered stereo... blew me away. THEN I discovered Led Zep BOC Pink Floyd Bruce Springsteen and on and on. Wow what a time. Yes later generations did miss out on the time... the lifestyle and the lack of cell phones and social media. We laugh and say our social media site was a beer keg in the woods. The link below is Live Aid. My girlfriend who is now my wife of 32 years were there. I took the picture.
https://www.getdieselpower.com/gallery/upload/2019/07/14/20190714064426-1d2f05de.jpg
Seen many many concerts including Yes Peter Frampton and Gary right at the JFK stadium in Philly with 120,000 other people... same venue Live Aid was at. Also same venue Peter Frampton / Lynyrd Skynyrd / The J. Geils Band / Dicky Betts / Great Southern

Great times for sure. Partied a little much though LOL

Check out the concert list of JFK Stadiums 103 concerts starting in 1966 with the Beatles. I posted the last page of the list first because that’s how it listed.
https://www.concertarchives.org/venues/jfk-stadium?page=5#concert-table
I was born in the 60’s, and you are welcome to keep listening to the same old classic rock crap - if I never here another Zeppelin, or Eagles song again, I’ll be perfectly happy. There is so much music out there, that it blows my mind that classic rock stations still exist. Listening to “Whitest Boy Alive”at the moment.
"And boomers missed out on the 80s 90s.  🙄"

LOL - sorry to break it to you, but we're still here. Didn't miss them, and don't miss them!

@khughes: Being almost as old as you, I can relate. Back in the day my first album was Black Sabbath's Paranoid. And I went to concerts by Heart, Kiss, Styx, Bob Seger, etc. I still listen to some old stuff like Sabbath, Trower, Rush, Zeppelin, The Beach Boys, etc., as well as owning blu-rays of Rush, Styx and Sabbath concerts, but I didn't get stuck in that era. In fact, I added a just-released death metal album to my library this morning.

I'm familiar with all the bands you mentioned and their stunning vocalists. Speaking of vocalists, how many "stuck" people will never discover the stunning vocals of Floor Jansen, or Disturbed's David Draiman singing The Sound of Silence, or Oceans of Slumber's Cammie Gilbert singing The Banished Heart, or the unique ethereal haunting vocals of Trees of Eternity's Aleha, or the shock value of Tatiana from Jinjer on the song Pisces (Live Session video)? 

These days I lean toward death metal with some groove (Aeon - Aeons Black), heavy non-monotonous thrash (Warfect - Exoneration Denied, Sylosis - Conclusion of an Age) or epic doom (Trees Of Eternity - Hour of the Nightingale, Draconian - Sovran). Along with some tangents to non-metal artists like Buckethead, David Maxim Micic, Pentatonix and Sade.
The question and the responses just seem to prove that this is a venue for old men…..   Will this hobby survive when all the old men die off?