Canton Reference 9k opinions

I recently started a thread asking opinions of what might be an upgrade from my Usher Dancer Mini-X DMD speakers. Received lots of great input from forum members. Basically I'm trying to decide if this will be my end game speaker in a 9x12 listening room. When I bought these I was also interested in the Canton Reference 9k. At that time it seemed like they weren't available for order. But now they are at $3,500 a pair. Almost the same that the Ushers go for now. Can't find much on this exact model but there sure are people that talk highly about the Cantons in general. Any opinions on this specific speaker or the Canton speakers in general would be highly appreciated
milkdudd
I owned the Canton Reference 9.2 DC speakers. They're very good, neutral, detailed, and decent bass for their size.

The KEF Reference 1 is in another league entirely. There's a suggested retail price. That's not necessarily what you'll have to pay to own them. Definitely worth saving up for.

The Cantons never made it into my main system. The KEFs kicked my Harbeth super hl5 plus out of the main system. 
I know the Kef Reference 1 is a great speaker and I don't doubt for one minute it was far better than you're Canton 9.2 DC. However comparing specs between the 9.2 DC and the Reference 9k shows that the 9k is larger in all directions, especially the depth and 6 lb heavier. I'm just wondering if the Reference 9k was revised in more ways then it might appear at a casual glance. I'd be pretty upset if I bought a pair and found out they just fudged the numbers to make it look all new but I really don't think that's the case here. A couple of days ago I added a Bel Canto DAC 2.7 to my system. It's sounding so good with my Usher speakers I have to consider if I already might be at my end game. I saw on the Canton website that they offer a 30 day return no questions asked. I'm not the type to buy something with the intention of demoing it and returning it, but if that's the case it takes some of the stress out of taking the leap. I'm not sure that goes across their range. That message popped up when there was a sound bar on my screen. It didn't make it totally clear. I'm pretty darn sure I would not be disappointed with them, just not sure they would be noticeably better than what I already have. I wish there was a way to demo them locally
I don't think you'd go wrong either way.  The KEFs are going to image better, produce a larger soundstage, will play as loud as your ears can handle without distortion, and will be a little "warmer" (which for me equates to easier to listen to) while still being very detailed.  The Cantons are very nice and it does look like they have improved on the 9.2.
Milkdudd 
I own the 9k for a year now and use the JAMO C 80 sub in a room 12 x16 I use a SS Technic sug700 integrated amp. 70 watts a side I play CDs. The soundstage ,imaging, detail, are all very good Dynamic range is also big with the woofer added, without a woofer it is still excellent the bass is surprisingly fast and detailed and relatively deep,deeper than most any monitor. With my set up it is not a warm system at all but not bright either nothing shouts at you but neutral and a bit sterile.The class D amp sound does come through, so I would like to hear them with a tube amp to make a comparison. I was just listening to Chet Baker and I take it back his voice was smooth and silky on the cantons so I would say it sounds like whatever is playing upstream.  Oh with one sub from where I sit 8 ft away I can feel the bass and it sounds big.