Kinki studio EX-M1, EX-M1+ differences... vs Denafrips Hestia/ Hyperion combo?

I've been reading up on some Integrated Amps and Pre-Amp/Amp combos lately but have some questions.

The following is an excerpt from SoundStageHifi:
The original EX-M1 was introduced in 2017. The newly updated EX-M1 — without the “+” — costs $2398 and includes, among other things, changes in the power supply, capacitance, and the volume control, the latter now using a MUSES72320 controller instead of the previous relay-based control. The EX-M1+ is essentially identical to the upgraded EX-M1, but adds a preamp-stage output and a home-theater bypass to entirely bypass the preamp stage.

That last sentence has me a little confused. 
"The EX-M1+ is essentially identical to the upgraded EX-M1" - What is the "upgraded" EX-M1?  Does this mean that the latest version of the EX-M1 has all the updates that they just covered preceding this statement?

The 2nd half of the statement says " but adds a preamp-stage output and a home-theater bypass to entirely bypass the preamp stage." - You'll have to excuse my ignorance.  Does this mean that I can add a pre-amp in the future and use the EX-M1+ as a Power Amp?  Also, does this mean that I cannot add a pre-amp to the EX-M1 (non-plus)?

At this time, I don't have hard to drive speakers, and I don't foresee having something like that anytime soon, so I was also considering the Denafrips Hestia/Hyperion combo.  I haven't seen any reviews comparing these 2 company's offerings... any feedback is appreciated.

jwlaudio
Sarjan, by the way, is in the middle of moving from his old digs in Ireland to another location (still in Ireland) that will occupy him for the next few weeks. He said he'll be back as soon as he can, but he won't be answering any emails, do any reviews or updates until then.

In the meantime, you can scour his reviews and thoughts at his site as he always references the components he uses and he uses several, all in different combos and systems to get a proper handle on the sound of things.

All the best,
Nonoise
Can you just give me his cell phone number, I’m sure he won’t mind. hahahaha Thanks for the heads up. I’m already leaning toward the M1+ now, but would still like to get as much feedback as I can before I spend more money.
The EX-M1 is a pure integrated amplifier without the capability of preout and power amp in ( home theater bypass), meaning it is impossible in future if you want to add another power amp to bi-amp your speaker or you want to make it to use as a power amp. While the EX-M1+ had the capability to become a power amp or preamp.