LSA Voyager GAN Amplifier

Just got mine last week.  After 24 hours of play all I can say is that this is not your father's class D amplifier.  There is not one thing about its sound that reminds me of the class D gremlins that I do not like.  The low end filled in and now has deep impact, the midrange is the love child of a beautiful tube and clean hybrid amp - just gorgeous.  Highs are very clean and extended. Spatial cues are top notch. My system has had some damn good tube and solid state amps in it before and it has never sounded this good.  I am blown away with the quality of sound coming from class D amplification at this price point.

This 300 wpc amplifier is a real winner.....
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjaymark
ricevs,
Thanks.  Now my 170 hours have been probably using 0.1 to only rarely 10 watts.  I can try playing more dynamic orchestral music using up to maybe 500 watt peaks for short periods of time.  Would that provide a better break in?  For weight lifting, it is better to do short, intense workouts with heavy weight than long workouts with baby weights, a waste of time.  Is the same thing true with amp break in?
Cutting hairs.  Your amp is mostly burned in.....it doubt its going to change much from now on.  Sure, blast it as much as possible....certainly no harm....except for your ears and your neighbors.
If your speakers hit 2 Ohms and they need power to shine (like my Thiel CS3.7) do not use the AHB2 in stereo or mono. I have tried both and while it sounded very good there something missing. Listening to something with some power, such as Led Zep, left me thinking that something was missing. With the CODA #8 (and likely Voyager) there is more grunt with music like Zep.

The AHB2 is still my fav sounding amp because of the best clarity, quietness, detail, and neutrality. I would not take a FREE mega bucks amp over this beauty. I am going to build a living room system around it (well already did, just need better speakers). CODA preamp + AHB2 = amazing.

I got my MacMini installed with ROON. Could not get the ROON Core to work on it so slumming with regular ROON. I really hate MAC’s. I do have better ROON sound now because I am directly on my network instead of the PowerLine (subnet?) network I was using before. That setup almost tricked me into thinking me speaker drivers were damaged on George Harrisons 50th anniversary ATMP.
One observation so far when no music is playing with regards to speaker hiss:

- Benchmark HPA4 + AHB2 = no hiss, nothing

- CODA 07x + AHB2 = a bit of hiss could not hear from my sitting position

- CODA 07x + CODA #8 = a bit of hiss that I can hear from sitting position if I focus on listening for it

- CODA 07x + Voyager 350 (not modded) = same as CODA 07x + CODA #8

I am in a small room about 8 feet from the tweeters. 

My previous post got me curious so I put in a stereo AHB2 with the Thiel CS3.7 and the CODA 07x preamp. As I said before the 07x has a bit of hiss (I am using the low gain setting on the AHB2). However, it is not noticeable from the seating position and even close up it is faint.

I tried the Voyager and then the AHB2 playing the BEE GEES - Main Course album. At low volume the Voyager kind of sucks. The hiss dominates the sound. With the AHB2 it is beautiful. However, no one really listens at this low volume. My son went to sleep so I turned everything down. 

Disappointed in the Voyager in this regard, but I have headphones for situations like this. The CODA #8 is also not that great at low volumes due to the hiss. Maybe a bit better than the Voyager (going off memory).