B&W speakers sounding very harsh?

Hey guys, brand new here.

So I recently got a new sound system for my game room. Keep in mind as I'm explaining everything that I'm brand new to the world of sound systems and how they work.

Here's what I'm using: I have a Marantz SR7015, a pair of B&W 702 S2's that are being powered from a Rotel amp (can't remember the model) , 700 series center channel, 600 series rears (the anniversary edition) and the 1000w sub. I also have 4 overhead speakers that are no B&W's.

The system sounds amazing! .....except for one thing. The highs sound very harsh on certain songs. It's almost like I hear a crackling if that makes sense but even putting my ears up to the speakers I can't pinpoint it. A good example is T.N.T. by AC/DC, when I listen to this song it's almost like I can hear a buzzing or crackling coming from somewhere (watch me explooooooooooode!) and the highs of the song sound very grating. Again, I'm having difficulty pinpointing what it could be and I listen to some songs and they sound just fine.

Keep a few things in mind. A. The sound system is relatively new and the sound system has probably 60 total hours of play time. I've read that these systems do require break in time. I also started from scratch learning how to configure everything (it took me 2 days before I figured out how to get sound of the speakers turned on) so it's possible I may have the tweeters turned up too high.

Based on the limited info I was able to give, does anyone have any advice? TY!
vgundam21
I disagree that all B&W speakers are bright, but it does seem to have that reputation.   Having said that I do find the 700 series a little on the bright side, from a few auditions I had with them.

I had a pair of B&W CM series and they were not bright at all.   I currently own a pair of B&W 804 D3, and I also don't find them to be bright.  I have tinnitus and very sensitive to brightness in audio.  The choice of source components, amps, and cables all contribute to the final sound coming out of your speakers.   It's a time consuming process and sometimes a little bit of luck can help.   

Anyway, good luck and hopefully you'll be able to find a solution that works for you.
I use a Classe delta series amp with my B&W speakers and they sound great together. I think Rotel, although good for the money, has a reputation to be bright.  A lot of people like to pair B&W speakers wit McIntosh amps as well.
I have the same problem as vgundam21. B&W 702s2 too bright on Mcintosh 7200 and on Marantz SR7013. No matter what source I use.
I like woman voices but can't listen as the famous SSSSS is always there. Many recordings sound flat and lifeless. Tried other DAC, cables, nope. Put a Schiit Loki mini+ between DAC and MAC. There I can tune down the highs and pump up the bass. But hell that sounds strange. And tuning down such expensive gear, mmh. BTW headphone listening is ok with senheiser HD650. So its really the speakers + room. Don't know what to do next
When I bought my 702 s2, about 2 years ago now, I listened to a few different amps because I came across the same issue when researching the speaker before I bought it. Even though Rotel, I believe, is the same parent company as B&W, they do t seem to go well together. I use Anthem with the MCA class amp. It not nearly as “harsh” sounding. It is bit pricier but I like the company so far. That said I have some acoustic treatments as well. You may be getting a lot of high frequency echoing. Just an amateur audiophile my self but I like to research things 😬
I think Rotel, although good for the money, has a reputation to be bright.
Nope. I've never heard a bright Rotel through decent speakers.

The 705 series is a WTF as the B&W 80x series are superb.