Surge protector or power conditioner?

I know I’m opening up a can of worms here but I’m going to ask anyway. I have been looking at a surge protector/power conditioner, specifically the Furman elite 15pfi or 15dmi. I don’t feel as though I need a “power conditioner” because I don’t notice any emi in my system. I mainly want surge protection. I have read that people have experienced negative results when plugging in their power amp into a power conditioner. Idk how true this is because I have never had a power conditioner before. 
My question is, is there any company that makes a quality surge protector similar to the furman elite series (13+ outlets) without the “power conditioning”? Also, is what I have read about people’s amplifiers being restricted due to power conditioners accurate?
james1911
Well when you have 10 components to plug in, most homes don’t have enough outlets. So even if you don’t want a device, you need it.

The noise filters in power conditioners can have a negative effect on power amps due to current-starving. Some manufacturers use Power Factor (energy reserve) technology to overcome this problem. The Furman Elite-15 PFi is a good example. User reviews have been very good, although Audioholics ran tests and wasn't impressed.
I have been looking at a surge protector/power conditioner, specifically the Furman elite 15pfi or 15dmi.

Very good value-for-money choice.

I don’t feel as though I need a “power conditioner” because I don’t notice any emi in my system.

You will only notice it once it is removed, and you A - B your system with EMI present vs. without EMI present. Trust me, you WILL notice. :-)

I mainly want surge protection. I have read that people have experienced negative results when plugging in their power amp into a power conditioner.

Agreed - given the cost of our components, it is wise to protect them. I have not personally noticed anything negative with my amps plugged into a power conditioners (only huge improvements), but many have claimed they have had issues so your concern is well founded.

If you are concerned, you should perhaps arrange with a dealer to get a conditioner for a trail period.