Audiophile Vacations

Hey Folks,

I was prodded to think about this based on the number of posters that have trouble finding the gear they want to hear/demo in their area.

What do you do when on vacation?  For me I always add a few things into my trips to other cities/areas.  (1) Search out the best Vinyl stores (new & used).  I like to support Brick & Mortar.  (2) Look for the best liquor stores to see if I have find some bourbons not available around my area; and (3) Visit the best Audio Showrooms in town.  

By doing #3 I get to see many pieces of equipment that I never get exposed to in my area.  Why is it some brands have only 2-3 dealers in the continental use [don't answer that].  I'll admit to planning some trips to areas that have dealers that demo certain brands.  What else are you going to do if you want to demo Basis Audio Turntables, or Borreson Speakers?

Let's not forget our "vacations" to audio shows (Axpona, Capitol Audio Show, Rocky Mtn, etc.)

I'm sure I am not alone here.  What were some of your favorite Audiophile vacations.

Happy Travels, again!
pgaulke60
The last thing I want to do on vacation is do what I do when I’m not on vacation. 

Being an audiophile is a hobby, why are folks making it out to be onerous chore to visit an a high end audio dealer or great brick & mortar music store when traveling or on vacation?  I don't get it.
Being an audiophile is a hobby, why are folks making it out to be onerous chore to visit an a high end audio dealer or great brick & mortar music store when traveling or on vacation? I don’t get it

You don’t "get" why somebody who has gone to great expense and effort to travel 8,000 miles to go on a safari would rather not waste time looking at speakers but spend the time taking in the nature and wildlife?

SMH

I can just picture it afterwards;

Friend - "Well Paul, what did you see while in Africa?"
Paul - "I saw some really cool audio stores."

PuLeez, We are not talking about looking at Audio stores in Africa when on Safari or in the African bush.  I've lived and worked in Africa off & on for over 35 years. You won't find any good audio stores outside of Joburg or Nairobi. But, given that I collect original vinyl from African Labels (not the French or British labels that pump out music from the continent) I would also see if I could find decent quality vinyl releases of select types of African Music.  

But come on people, don't extrapolate this benign question into far fetched examples.