Can anyone recommend a smooth, rich CD player?

Yikes! Hyper detail is what I have..would like midrange warmth yet do not want rounded bass notes, detailed but not so analytical...I want my music back! help! $1000 used + -
Already have owned a Jolida
thanks
shoe
If you want warm, then the Prima will be a good match. I have a modified Electrocompaniet, which I love, but the Prima is definitely warm and rich.
The AA Prima is warm & lush. By comparison, the Rega, the Arcam, the Cary & the Meridian sound more chiseled, not warm AT ALL in my opinion. Am I saying that the others sound bad? Nope. But if he wants warmth, the Prima has it in spades over the others. Could have something to do with them tubes, eh? :-)))
My choices would be Meridian 508.24 or Audio Research CD2. Both will be what you're looking for but ARC will have better bass. Neither is bright or hyper-detailed. Both are very smooth. Ways better than your CD33 and will not sound bright on less than perfect recordings. My personal preference would be towards the ARC. But in any case these 2 players are the real deal.
Another vote for the Meridian 508.24. A great cd player, especially at it's used price point. It's essentially a neutral player just on the warm side of neutral--very smooth with good low level detail retreival. It also has one of the lowest jitter ratings that Stereophile ever measured. 146 pico seconds, if I remember correctly.