Why has focal raised their prices so much on Sopra line

I was looking at the Sopra 2 ,thinking about buying it ,it is a very good speaker it has not changed 
in 5 years thst I can see ,but the price has increased $4,000. Thst sounds like gouging to me ,
from $15 k to $19 k  if thatis thecase  the Wilson Sophia2 is a better speaker for the same price 
as well as night and day better resale value .
128x128audioman58
I have both, the Wilson Sophia’s and the Focal Sopra #3’s... there is no way my Sophia’s sound better than the Sopra’s, not even close. The Wilson’s are not as fast, or as detailed, articulate, or as musical. They go a bit lower, but that is it... but this advantage has been taken away by dual subs.

In my experience, the sopras are far better and obviously worth the money.
Sopra 2s sound very good. Poor value to me. There was a used white pair with a center here for months in Vegas I think they wanted10 grand.  No takers for a long time. New way over priced in my opinion. Prices are spiking on goods world wide right now , now is not the time to buy .
odds are most of you have good systems already
New speakers are wants not needs. Exercise your power as a consumer a sale cannot take place with out you. Something better may be just around the corner. I always wonder who the people are who buy stuff for  full list price on the internet.

Sopra's price increased before covid, for all you justifying their actions with your "shipping" and "material costs" theories, which isn't remotely true. They bought a distribution company and as a corporation, instead of saddling the costs and innovating their way out of it, they want the people to pay for it. Buy used, people haven't been gouging bad yet and you can still find deals. They're good speakers, but not worth 20k. 

Also, lumber spiked and has been steadily getting crushed the last two weeks. Futures down from 1600 highs to 650s yesterday. So the prices for gear will equalize. 
Business 101.

Supply and Demand.
COGS are increasing daily.

Wait the fun has just begun. .