Quantum Science Audio light blue fuse; $71, what a bargain!

I wanted to start a new thread about the more affordable versions of these fuses. I don’t doubt that the higher end versions are amazing, but most of us aren’t very likely to be able to hear them for ourselves. Fortunately, pretty much anyone who is serious about building a musically enjoyable and engaging system can get a good taste of what they’re all about.

I’ve had the light blue QSA fuses ($71) in my CD transport and DAC for over two weeks, now. They replaced SR blue fuses, at around twice the price, and easily bettered them. I am expecting one more light blue tomorrow, to replace an SR orange in my amp. I’ll give an update on that, once I get it installed and listen.

Meanwhile, here are a couple quotes from my posts on the other thread:

“What I am hearing is; voices & instruments are more solid and lifelike, with increased natural detail and sense of space, better dynamics, and a more relaxed overall sound.”

“Just got in a second light blue fuse for my DAC. So far, more of the same improvements I got in my CD transport. Very nice!😃 One thing I appreciate is the break in seems to be pretty quick, without any of the nasties you get with some other stuff. Pop it in, and you’ll hear improvements in short order, at least that’s been my experience.”

I am continuing to greatly enjoy what these fuses bring to my system, and am really looking forward to getting the last one in my amp.

tommylion
HifiG is truly happy we fuse dudes are getting off on the different colors. 
Yellow is a great color to start off this fuse Journey. Purple may be the sweet spot for the intelligent, wise and skilled searchers for better sound quality.

Launch out into the deep and enjoy the ride. Remember before you launch, clean and tighten your fuse holder.
Georgie ...

I took your advice and changed out all of my SR Orange fuses for fifty-cent Bussman fuses. The clarity went away. The three-dimensional sound stage flattened. The natural tonal quality of all instruments became plastic. And to top it all off, The Bussman fuses made Sarah Vaughn sound like Bruce Springstein.

Question: Am I experiencing a break-in problem with these Bussman fuses, or do I just not have them inserted in the proper direction?

Frank
"Remember before you launch, clean and tighten your fuse holder"

Thanks for the great advice Glory! 
I think the next color from QSA should be ebony and ivory in honor of George and his promotion of their fuses...

“Ebony and ivory live together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh Lord, why don’t we? Clean and tighten the fuse holder”

Tightening the fuse holder? Now I've heard it all. Does georgie think if you turn your gear upside down, the fuses will fall out? 

I've removed mine about a dozen times and it takes effort to do so. No loss of clamping force and it's not easy to rotate them while in place.

Maybe he's used as cheap a version of a fuse holder he could find in his designs but the major players don't. 

All the best,
Nonoise