Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
@stevendunn, 
I can't recall a single mention of a 300b SET amplifier and Nenuphar pairing. I believe that it would be as successful as the 2A3 SET  amplifier. Both excellent choices with different sonic signatures and presentations. 
Charles 
Same here. In full agreement with Charles’ post.

I can’t recall a single mention of a 300b SET amplifier and Nenuphar pairing. I believe that it would be as successful as the 2A3 SET amplifier.

Stephen, I explored various 300B options but, as you know, doubled down on the 2A3.

Going by gut feel from having the Nenuphars for two and a half years, I believe the ~8 watts from a high quality 300B amp is the "goldilocks zone" for power (in terms of driving the Nenuphars with a SET amp).

There are far more quality 300B amps (relative to the other SETs) including stereo versions; and greater availability / choice in the used marketplace. It’s interesting and surprising that we don’t have mention of 300B - Nenuphar pairings.
"It’s interesting and surprising that we don’t have mention of 300B - Nenuphar pairings."

For whatever reasons, this thread got started with a focus on solid state amplifiers and has discussed/explored tube amps only minimally. I suspect it is because Jon Ver Halen at Refined Audio (the first Cube Audio distributor in the US) uses First Watt amplifiers.

Robert
@rwpollock, 
That's a good observation.  Ironic in the sense that the design concept from the very beginning of the Nenuphar was to mate with low power SET amplifiers. It's been established on this thread and elsewhere that solid state amplifiers can be paired very successfully with the Nenuphars. 

I do know that David has outstanding results with his superb 2A3 SET mono blocks. I believe my Coincident Frankenstein 300b SET mono blocks would be a successful match with these speakers. 
Charles 
@stevendunn,
In a way I’m not surprised by your listening impressions using a super tweeter. I just do not believe that the Nenuphar needs this assistance in the ’vast' majority of listening situations. Cube Audio developed a remarkable wide/full range driver. Many owners find they do just fine without utilization of a subwoofer. Definitely need/preference based.
Charles