Sota or Technics

Hello all, first time post here. 
I am in the market for a new TT under 2k. I've narrowed it down to the Sota Comet and the Technics 1200GR.
Going to use a $300 to $500 MM cart. 
System consists of NAD533 TT (currently). NAD pre amp, Cambridge Phono pre amp, Mac 240 amp, TDL compact monitors. 
Sota i like as it uses the 330 tonearm, is built in the states, solid rep, solid support, is pleasing to the eye.
Technics I like as it's built like a tank, seems more plug and play has a good rep and looks good too. (more bells and whistles, both positive and negatives there)
Obviously they are different in some ways. Direct drive vs belt etc..
Was wondering if anyone had an opinion either way on either deck. Greatly appreciate any feedback.
Thank you
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xdoyle3433
"Technics for sure"
But of course!
If your going to the night club....🥱

Sota hands down, and I don’t own either.

A nice origin live turntable and arm would kill the both of them!😉 best deal in town, and better than tables and arms 5x as much. Aurora or Calypso with the silver arm.
For now, my Music Hall mmf-7.3 sounds lovely, but.....🤔
So @mijostyn - you are of the opinion that a moving wire (interconnect or speaker cable) while the music is playing doesn't change the sound? According two AJ van den Hul it does as per his excellent white paper under FAQ on his web site. I am not going to say that I can hear the difference if my speaker cable is on the floor or off of it because of a box it passes over or a small ledge to keep it off the ground, but if you believe AJ (as I do) then a cable which lies on the floor is subject to the vibration from the speakers and thereby moving. Whether you can hear that bit of distortion or not is debatable (just like the fuse debate), otherwise why would people buy and keep (they offer money back guarantees) cable elevators? It is the easiest blind test to create.

I do agree that most of the improvements deemed remarkable should be termed audible or barely audible. If some of the believers were accurate, then all of these tweaks removed would remarkably make their systems sound worse, which I bet they would never say, otherwise removing all of them would make their system sound terrible.
"Technics for sure"
But of course!
If your going to the night club....🥱

Sota hands down, and I don’t own either.

And it’s blanket statements like this which often discourage me from posting on this site.

Facts: the Technics was designed for home use. DJ’s found favor with it because it fits their needs well too. The criteria that make up a good table for DJ applications are in fact highly similar to those that are required for a good high-end home-use turntable: solid chassis, immunity to external vibration, robust and high quality bearings that can stand repeated use (for both the platter and arm). The 1200 family has these qualities in spades.

Now if you do not personally like the sound, that is fine. You have that right.  Please however do not lord it on others.
Mijostyn, Do you have formal training in electronics or are you self-taught so as to have attained a high level of knowledge about electronics?  (Those are two equally valid ways of getting there.)  Because if you don't, and at least one of our private interactions suggests that you don't, then all the equipment in the world is not going to compensate for "ignorance", and I use that term only to denote a situation where we don't know what we don't know; I do not mean or intend to insult your intelligence.  I certainly count myself as lacking in knowledge at a highly sophisticated level even to begin to understand all the phenomena that define audio Nirvana as I experience it.  Yet I too own oscilloscopes, frequency generators, and miscellaneous meters to make me feel I have a tenuous grip on audio reality.