How are you getting your surround sound?

I haven't paid attention to home theater in a long time so forgive me if this is a silly question. Is everyone still popping in a Blu-Ray disc to watch a movie if you're wanting to experience the latest in surround sound like Dolby Atmos, DTS, etc.? What are the ways you can get movies now with full audio formats encoded?
128x128scar972
I use an appleTV, i used to use a NvidiaShieldTV wasnt happy. The Apple streams 4K HDR. I down convert to 1080p/HDR, the pic is jaw dropping and distracting Lol. I run an JVC RS400
      (native resolution 1080p). The pic is 100”x42”(2.35:2) AT screen
That sounds awesome! How are you getting your 4K movies on the AppleTV? Trying to determine if most people stream their movies now or still popping in a disc.
Via Apple TV device. Although when traveling I may use my iPad or MacBook connecting directly to HDMI Tv input. 
Is that your question?
I stream from Amazon and HBOMAX mostly, i use an HDFURY To convert down to 1080p but it passes the HDR to my PJ.
Apple decodes audio so ur processor/receiver will show multi ch in. Now On the other hand my Denon receiver shows Dolby Atmos, so I guess it pass’s  Dolby Atmos but not Dolby Digital 5.1

Generally for best quality (especially audio) you still need blu rays. There are some fancy specialty download services. But normal streaming from Amazon, Hulu, Netflix is pretty terrible. Apple and Disney are a little better but still way behind the blu ray.