Supratek Owners Thread

Greetings All - 
It appears that the 26-million-plus view, multi-decade "Preamp Deal of the Century" Supratek thread has been removed. I'm not sure why, but suppose there must be a reasonable explanation.
In any case, on that thread I recently asked whether there might be interest in a "Supratek owners thread" and received some interest. 
The purpose of this thread is for Supratek owners to share the details of their system, ask questions, share information about any tube-rolling they have done, and so forth.
I'll kick us off here with a few details about my system -
ancient Linn LP12 with Ittok arm, Dynavector 17D3 cartridge into Cortese LCR phono stage
Power amp is a fully serviced Innersound Electrostatic amplifier
Quad ESL63 speakers (not USA monitors) or JBL 4430 studio monitors
Digital sources are immature and evolving - ancient Fostex CR300 cd player/burner
DacMagic 100 DAC
Nordost Blue Heaven 75ohm interconnect
Due to the fairly long lengths of speaker wire required in the new listening room, speaker wire is Belden 12 gauge wire designed for low-voltage outdoor lighting systems. 
Next steps - dedicated circuit, new power cords, new interconnects, new wires.
128x128markusthenaimnut
In order to eliminate the hum, I bought the iFi SilentPower - GND Defender - Intelligent Ground Control, IEC Connector Ground from Amazon. I tried it on the preamp and Amp but it did not work. I am thinking again that it is the umbilical cord but Mick does not think so. I am scratching my head here. 
@couger4u   so did you ever clear up the hum that came from the speakers?    Is the only hum your concerned with now from the unit itself (mechanical)?   These 2 different types of noise/hum would point (seemingly) to 2 different issues.   Have you tried to move and plug the unit in at another location in your house or over at a friends house as previously mentioned?    The umbilical itself I would not suspect as causing the hum as Mick mentioned.  I have seen a case where the connection point of the umbilical (to the case)  caused hum in the speakers and if the umbilical was shifted around that hum would cease,..  This (umbilical) is not related to mechanical hum from the PS itself though.    I think you need to completely rule out the power in your house as a cause for the PS mechanical hum you seem to be referring to above though. 
Thanks jslateiv but I think I solved the issue. Well the issue with the hum is solved and another popped up in its place. I took the equipment apart and put is together again but hum was there. Then on a whim I disabled the gain on the preamp and voila hum is gone. I turn it back on and hum is there. Could have Mick missed a trick here? It should not hum if the gain is on. I will have to ask Mick about it. I like the gain on. Thanks guys it was a journey to solve this problem.
I just bought a used Chardonnay and got it running after a few hiccups like a stuck input selector and then getting a bit confused on using the correct input. But, all is well and this is one terrific preamp!!
A few things that were noticeable right away: 
1) detail retrieval is excellent 
2) this is the best representation, by far, of individual voices in a chorus 
3) voices and instruments are much more natural 
4) less glare/harshness and I’ll admit to having an asymmetrical room that needs lots of treatments  

The tubes I currently have are 
5U4C rectifier - Russian (green and white box)
6NS7                Tung-Sol 
6N3C                no brand visible

I’m quite open to tube rolling and an upgraded umbilical cord, maybe even a fuse upgrade. A couple of Agon members have been very helpful already and I much appreciate that.