Holo Audio May DAC

Just read a very nice review of this in Stereophile this month and after doing some research it looks like this one could be a very nice option for me.  
https://kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/

It's made in China I think (or could be Taiwan?, and yes, I am very well aware that these are two very different countries. ;)), and employs a direct to consumer model to keep the price as low as possible.  This does not worry me after purchasing a Jay's Audio transport from Vinshine Audio and having zero issues.  

Just curious if anyone here has heard one or purchased?  I'm very intrigued.  I know the Denafrips Terminator is another highly regarded DAC with a similar ordering model, but costs a couple grand more than this one.  Considering that one as well.

Thanks
128x128snackeyp
Got it, so the Pi is limited as the AMD USB chipset, I can use the Intel NAAIs there anything on the works to fix the issues with other chipsets? or is this something out of the hands of the firmware developer and more on the capabilities of these chipsets?
@luisma31 Pi's are their own architecture/hardware. As far as Holo firmware vs chipset drivers, I think it's a mix of effort on both sides of the equation. Right now, the only combination that really works is 3.12 Holo firmware + intel USB chipset.
@cudfoo - if your usb cable does not have the standard 5v line going through it, the may dac will not see it. I had to pass up a fancy usb cable that was designed without it (because it does not help sound quality).