SLOT LOADING CD MECHANISMS - DO THE DAMAGE CD'S?

Of recent, I have been considering the purchase of a new CD transport (no DAC). There are several that have caught my attention; - - one in particular is made by AUDIOLAB. The one factor that leaves me "hanging", conceptually speaking, is the fact that AUDIOLAB exclusively uses "slot loading" CD mechanisms.
I have owned a couple of good quality CD players employing this type mechanism, and in both cases, eventually discovered marring to the playing surface of the CD. I am fanatic about proper preservation of CD playing surfaces. I certainly don’t want more CD’s ending up in the garbage can. (and I don’t like polishing, making a bad situation, worse !)

In turn, I have read many articles and customer reports complaining of the same issue. I consider AUDIOLAB products to be of a quality and performance level that leaves me somewhat dumbfounded as to why they would employ the use of a questionable mechanism that has so many historic issues.
So, what have they done that would be any different than other companies using this concept? I can’t imagine that they would invest the R&D money to develop their own proprietary mechanism.
Anyone out there that can validify the credibility (or lack of) AUDIOLAB’S use of "slot loading ?. Direct experience would help the most.
128x128axpert
If you're that against the slot loaders, you should try the Cambridge CXC, which is in your price range.  I've had one for over a year and there are many satisfied owners here.  One person above posted that he felt the Audiolab was far superior in sonics to his CXC, but there is the slot-loader issue.  Personally, if my CXC craps out I would probably try the Audiolab.  It's supposedly very good. 
The AudioLab 6000CT "is" that good, especially at its price point. I've owned one for over a year now and have had zero problems with it or any concerns with the slot loading. What I like most is its SILENT,, really black background, like NOTHING. I would not consider myself an audiophile as I have never had the time or sensitive hearing to hear what audiophiles confess to be able to hear, but what I hear is pretty dam good.
I do not understand why you believe a cd polisher makes matters worse. I have about 1000+ cds and my economy model JFJ does a fantastic job of removing any skip causing scratches.
I bought an Audiolab 6000CDT a couple months ago. I loved the way it sounded... solid bass and details I had not noticed before (stepping up from an Oppo 103 previously used as a transport). However, I did notice scuff marks, not scratches, on my discs. I used a new blank CD-R inserted several times to verify and noticed new scuff marks on it as well. They are a line of marks that are aligned in a row which indicated to me to be a loading mechanism issue. No way am I going to allow a product to degrade my CD collection. I returned the unit and got a Cambridge CXC v2 that uses a tray loader. No issues with the Cambridge, but I still prefer the sound of the Audiolab just a little bit more. First-world problems.
Hello,
What about Jays. It even has i2s. This is a nice top loading transport at a great price. https://www.jays-audio.com/shop
I am the same way with all of my media. Clean as a whistle.