Actual Lead Time on Tekton Speakers

Hi All-

I've had a pair Tekton speakers and a sub on order since the last week of February. When I placed the order they said they were running 8-10 weeks for shipment. I knew at the time that these were made to order and that there was a substantial lead time, so I'm not complaining. But I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve...

Can anyone who has recently received their speakers tell me how long it was from order to shipping? 

Thanks, 

G
128x128spacecadet65
Hello @spacecadet65... I ordered my Double Impacts with standard $300 upgrade on Jan 1st and received them on May 27th. I assumed the wait would be long given the state of the world so was patient. I must add that the few communications I had with Tammy at Tekton were pleasant, professional, and I believe totally straight-up. My speakers arrived packaged well and have more than exceeded my expectations since. Be patient, you will not be disappointed.

My experience with Tammy has been the same. And I expected a long wait. I ordered the same speakers as you but in a custom color. What are you driving you IMs with? How long have they taken to break in? I also ordered the 2-10 sub and I'm wondering how hard it will be to get them to integrate. I', in a small room.. about 13x10x8.
Hey @spacecadet65... I am driving them with a Heaven 11 Billie Amp using upgraded gaine matched tubes (ordered with the amp). My room is slightly larger than yours and mildly treated. This is my first foray into "better than run of the mill" audio equipment for a dedicated space and I love it. Much of my money and listening enjoyment has been using IEMs and headphones through a high quality amp and DAP. I wanted to untether a little with a set of speakers and amp that I’d enjoy and I’ve not been disappointed.

Edit: Forgot to mention break-in. I believe Tekton recommends at least 20hrs??? I played some good full range hi-rez Tool at moderate volume for a few days (4) while at work. I  noticed the bass loosen up a little and as I've mentioned, I am more than happy them. As with my IEMs, I appreciate the DIs neutrality and speed. Please keep us updated when you receive them. I'll be curious about your experience with the subs... I am excited for you!
So the actual lead time for my Impact Monitor order ended up being 18 weeks. The clock is still running on the powered sub - which I'm told they are still waiting for the plate amps. 

Within the context of the pandemic and the interruption of supply chains I can understand shipping delays. But by more than a factor of 2x? It strains credulity. AT this point I feel like Tekton is using their customers as a bank. A little like a Go Fund Me project. But with a Go Fund Me project they only take a deposit... not the whole amount.

On the other hand, Schiit Audio, a company that also builds to order and sometimes has lead times, holds the order but doesn't actually take your money until the product is in stock and ready to ship. That seems more reasonable and fair.  

I run 3 small companies with payrolls that fluctuate wildly. I use a line of credit to smooth out the peaks and dips so there is no disruption to my customers. It's not rocket science. However, if I could get 18+ weeks of no interest loans from my customers, that would be something. 

Aside from the main point - the speakers sounded good right out of the box and they are still breaking in. However, the whole experience has been tainted by the feeling that I've been taken advantage of by the business process. Just my $.02