Rogers HG88 Mk II OR Leak Stereo 20

Morning all, just want some thoughts on either the Rogers HG88 Mk II OR Leak Stereo 20... they would be powering Rogers LS3 5/a or Spendor BC1's with  Linn LP12 With Ittok LV II Tone Arm with Shure V15 Type III Cartridge and JICO Stylus....
w7676
I’ve rebuilt Leak Stereo 20s with PIO caps and Holco resistors to very good effect. The Rogers, I’ve not heard but there are a lot of controls and complexities to the circuit which may derail the sound. A clean Leak will sound as good as any modern amp as long as the speakers are reasonable efficient. Main characteristic is sweet and detailed.
Cool… yes the Rogers seems
to be a mix of integrated but with valves although a lot to get through for sound… 
Love to know if everyone has used the rogers though.... seems big in Japan..... 
If you have a small listening room and don’t listen loud a properly refurbished 20 should be magical/rich/balanced with the Rogers (dependent upon the preamp used).

I owned Rogers Ls3/5a’s from 1978-1986 and did try them with a refurbished 20 using the preamp/phono section of an Advent 300, and also the phono section of the Advent piped through a Dynaco PAS3X preamp.

In my room (14’ x 22+’ with a 10.5’ ceiling height) there was not enough power for higher SPL’s, but it was fine @ lower listeing levels.

The same was true of an Eico integrated el84 PP amp that I also tried/owned.

I ended up using two slightly modified (choked PS + a few other changes) Dynaco ST70’s as mono blocks instead (the Leak was a loaner anyway from an X-GF’s father).

This said the 20 would need to be properly refurbished, though they are easy to work on (the layout reminds me of the Harmon Kardon tube power amps that came out of few years later).

Oddly enough my cartridge of the time was the Sure V15 III on a Thorens 160/SME 3009 combo (currently still using a Thorens/SME combo, but sold all the Sure’s along with the rest of my gear in 1986).

Never paid much attention to the Rogers integrated amp, though heard them in a few systems years ago (liked the looks of the later model).

DeKay