New Magnepan 3.7 i ?

From audioaficionado.org...

Announcing the 3.7i

An improved 3.7 may come as a surprise given that the 3.6 had a 12-year run. But, this is unusual in other ways.

The changes did not require retooling or significant cost increases. It did not warrant waiting for a major product change as a 3.8. So, we decided to pass it on now.

Yes, it is unusual, and it is the first time in Magnepan's history that a speaker can be upgraded at the factory at a reasonable cost (details to follow).

But, what is not unusual--- we don't hype new models. Yes, it sounds better, but we leave that to you to describe.

Wendell Diller
Marketing Mgr.
Magnepan
brrgrr
Probably a crossover update.

That is the only thing that could be easy to change.
Don, I have been thinking the same thing. I do wish they would release more information about this update to the 3.7. It all seems a bit out of character for Magnepan.

I'd be interested in anything that might improve the 3.7s, but frankly, I have mixed emotions about this. When I bought my 3.7s, I thought about waiting for an update to the 20.1s, but Magnepan did nothing to indicate that a 20.7 might be in the works. The 20.1s are proving hard to beat, they said. Now, about 3 years in on the 3.7s, we are getting an update, and we are going to have to pay shipping both ways plus the cost of the work and endure the downtime.

A little more transparency with their existing and future customer base would be appreciated.
Post removed