All Benchmark System Question

Long time lurker, first time poster. So question relates to my all Benchmark System. I am using the all Benchmark system (AHB2, HPA-4 and DAC 3B with my P3SER’s and loving it most of the time. But if I wanted to add a little more warmth for that 20 percent of the time I think I need to, What would be the best way to do that. My thoughts are maybe switching out the DAC 3B some of the time with an Audio Mirror Troubador, keeping the rest of the system the same. My other, more expensive thought is to leave the DAC 3B and i swapping in the Coda 07x part of the time as I have heard the AHB2 and Coda 07x is a great combination. Obviously that is an expensive fix for 20-30 percent of my listening.
What do you people think?
regg
So what I am hearing is that I can make an immediate improvement by switching out the Node 2i for another streamer (Aurender, Lumin). I think I can get ahold of some of them from Music Direct, Audio Advisor, etc for a trial. Here is a question though. I am currently streaming to the Node 2i connected to DAC 3B via coax connection. Node is connected via ethernet to router/modem. I am streaming Quobuz through wi-fi from my iphone to the Node 2i. Am I losing anything by doing that? Do I need to connect the phone or tablet via cable to the streamer? Kind of hard if I am moving around the apartment a lot and want to change music.
I am anxious to hear how the Audiobyte works out.
You connect your streamer directly to your network, either by eternet cable or buy a wifi extender. You plug the extender next to your equipment and plug a short Ethernet cable into that. You can get a little extender that plugs into the wall like a wall wart. Then you use an app on your iPhone, or preferably iPad to control the streamer. I works incredibly well. Aurender has a great app that shows all your music… Qobuz, any you place on the streamer storage, and any that happens to be on your network storage. It does an amazing job of integrating all the music you have access to. It will cashe it so it can help make up for any short network latency. The better the streamer the more it makes up for network issues.
@regg the Aurrender does not support ROON (if that is important to you).

I had the pretty cool ROON READY Matrix Audio Mini-I 3 Pro DAC in the house for about 6 months ($899). I sent it off to my buddy who does not want to struggle with streaming. It has a lot of streaming choices.

I tried 3 of them and compared.

- built-in network streaming using Ethernet
- my old Sonore microRendu via USB
- built-in WiFi on the DAC

The first 2 wired setups sounded a bit better and was infinitely more reliable. On Wifi I would have music playing for a few hours then all of a sudden the music got all scrambled and I had to restart the DAC. There are some posts on streaming threads that give some arguments as to why WiFi is bad for streaming. The only company that I know that advocates for WiFi is the well regarded Auralic.

So it sounds like as long as the streamer/ streamer DAC is connected by ethernet cable to the network, it’s fine if I am communicating with the streamer through my iphone over wi-fi, that is, the phone doesn’t have to have a wired connection to the Streamer. I will try one of the recommended streamers and then add a different DAC into the mix (unless the streamer I chose has a DAC. I also agree with the previous comment that there are limitations to the P3SER but they work well in my System. I will await YYsantabarbara’s thoughts on the Audiobyte. Hearing everyone’s thoughts on this I will wait before switching out any Benchmark gear. The HPA-4 also sounds amazing with my Focal Clear’s.
I will be surprised if changing streamers as suggested makes a big difference but you never know. With your high resolving gear perhaps. I’d try a different DAC at the source first, but that’s just me.

Also trying USB from streamer to DAC rather than coax or optical might be worth a try.

I’ve always used wifi for my hifi related network connections and find that works very well though there is a school of thought that says wired is better but also more subject to noise issues I suspect and hence also more problematic if so especially with a highly resolving system.

Regardless, I’d try the cheap/easy tweaks first before making any expensive changes with streamer. Just me. I’d also look at the sub option. Do it right to properly isolate and integrate the sub as needed (not hard) and that’s a clear win to start with. All you need is a sound meter app on your smartphone and a white noise internet station source to stream to get a sub integrated in pretty well. Of course with more bass there is potential for more room acoustics issues, but adding a sub to small speakers like those in a system like yours is likely most always a very good move.