Paradigm S8 vs. Sonus Faber Cremona M

I am having hard time deciding between these speakers. I can get each for about 6K used. I have auditioned them both at a dealer, and I like them both. However, I find it very hard to compare them given the lapse of time in between and the difference in gear and rooms. Paradigms have great reviews, but can they compare to the build quality of the SFs?
gago1101

01-24-12: Audiofreakgeek
hifivn, what do you have against Paradigm?

You quote a review from 2009 on a completely different model!

Nothing until they came out with that tweeter that left a lot of sad people. When someone does a test that shows if these exhibit that above 20 kHz resonance noise, or not, I can't recommend their products anymore. I don't understand why they sell something like this in the first place. This is just my opinion.
I've heard both, in my opinion the Cremona is the better sounding speaker, particularly at mid and lower volume levels. The SF's are warmer and softer sounding, should make them easier to match with other gear, built quality is also beyond reproach. If it's important to you to rock out the S8 may be the better way to go. Don't think you'd be disappointed with either.
Good luck and have fun Tim
Thanks for all the comments.
Playing at higher volumes is important to me. I was also thinking to match these with Mcintosh Mc601s with their 2300 tube preamp. I just love the way Macs look. Would the mono blocks be to much for the Cremona Ms? Also many mention that SFs have a touch warmer sound, would this be a problem matching them with Mcintosh gear, which many have mentioned has warmer sound as well?
I have nothing against The Paradigm. I have not purchased speakers in 20 years and was open to whatever I thought sounded best. The Cremona and New S8 were both hooked up to Byson amps however they were in different rooms. The Cremano's were my choice. Really it was hard to believe as the Sig 8 is really an imposing speaker.

I have been playing the Cremona's loud and they sound very nice.

Good Luck - You really can't make a bad choice.
I wouldn't match Sonus with Mac, there are much better electronics other than Mac and if you go with the SF you want more neutral electronics.