Outlaw 7000x 7 Channel amp

I was thinking of buying this amp and connect it direct to my Oppo 205 since my old Denon 5803 just blew out.
Anyone have experience with this amp for home theater?

ozzy
128x128ozzy
Can someone answer a couple of home theater speaker set up question’s?

1. How come the rear sound using a 5.1 source comes from the side speakers and not the back in a 7.1 set up? It seems like the sound should come from the back speakers.

2. Should then the best surround speakers be placed at the side or in the rear?

ozzy
Since no one answered my questions on a 7.1 speaker set up I have determined that:

1. 5.1 sources will only play out of the 5 .1 speakers the extra 2 rear speakers are not used.

2. Still not sure if I should use my best rear speakers on the side or rear channels. On the rear, they will only be used with 7.1 sources.

ozzy
FWIW
I have an Oppo 205 but use it HDMI to a  AVR. With the AVR set to neo back I get sound from all 7 speakers even with 5.1 content.
I believe if go to the Oppo 205 menu, then go to the Audio Output Processing and select Speakers, it will give you a menu that has a downmix option.  My guess if you select the 7.1 option you would get sound out of all 7 speakers regardless of the input format, but I've never tried it.  Please let us know what you find out.
Also, I use my better speakers at the sides, but mostly because they are floor standers and didn't fit my room at the rear. 
Thank you for your comments.
The only choice with the 7 channel Outlaw amp is to use the rca’s out from the Oppo 205.
Yes, I have tried the 7.1 downmix and it still only provides sound to the 5 speakers on a 5.1 source.( nothing comes out of the rear speakers) I think the 7.1 downmix is for if you have a 5.1 speaker set up then 7.1 sources will play through the 5 speakers.

My sources is mostly Dish-Netflix, and Prime it seems most movies are 5.1.

So, I may end up moving my better rear speakers to the sides.

ozzy
Continuing on with as to why I am only getting sound from the 5.1 speakers in a 7.1 set up...

My source is a Amazon Firestick 4K adapter plugged into my Oppo 205. Through it I watch Netflix and Prime movies.
As I scroll through the movie selection I have not found any that show up as 7.1 on my TV info.

My Firestick is one of the original versions of 4K. So for about $50 I just purchased the newer (2018) 4K version from Amazon. In its write up description it does describe Atmos decoding.

When I get it I am hoping that the Firestick was the problem.
But, it could just be that Netflix and Prime are not broadcasting in 7.1

ozzy