Anything better than 1.7 Maggies

Hi,
I've been looking for speakers for some time now. I have an older pair of Maggies (10.1s) and I love the sound. I want to go for the 1.7s but am wondering if there's any used product out there for around $4k which would be even better for my music (rock.. some pop and classical at times) maybe reproduce the crack of a (snare) drum (rather than the thump) better (where i think Maggies lack but I am not sure if the x.7s have the same problem).. I wanted to try Emerald Physics 2.3 but they are rare to find.

I know people would have asked this before but please help.
My amp:
Rotel RB 1090 (380 WPC)
Though my room is big about 25x10 my sitting position will be about 6 feet from the speakers.
Thanks!
Saum
sammisra
Someone just sold, or tried to sell, a beautiful pair of factory rebuilt Tympani IVa's for $2000 something. "Maggies with bass," as a friend described the Tympanis -- they'll smoke even the 3.6's, if you have the room for them. Maybe he still has them? Otherwise I agree, the 3.6's are a good choice, the true ribbon will do what you want with the highs.
You say that your room is 25' x 10'?
Does that mean that the front wall is the 25' wall?
I suppose that the 1.6/3.6 could work, but you are a little close. (too near the speakers)
My room is 14 x 25' in a finnished basement - and i can only sit 12' away due to a support column.
I have owned both 1.6 & 3.6 maggies and i can tell you that the 3.6 was the better speaker but the 1.6 was easier to integrate. The 1.6 was basically "plug and play" whereas, i would have to keep playing with placement with the 3.6 to get the right kind of synergy.
I sold them both a few years ago, but am looking to purchase a used pair of 1.7's within driving distance - the 3.6's were just too big for my room.
Mike
Have to agree with Erikminer, the 3.7 is the first panel speaker I been able to tolerate for long periods.
IF you can find it (doubtful), the Kingsound Prince II is far better imo. The Prince II would cost about three times as much new and likely about twice as much as the 1.7 used, but worth it.

I reviewed and own the Kingsound King for Dagogo.com