Done selling on eBay, they are demanding my social security number to sell

They are forcing everyone into what they call "Managed payments" that requires  you to give them bank account information and your social security number. Looks like I'll be selling here from now on. I know I gave it to PayPal years ago so they have it, but I'm done giving it out. I called and the rep told me they are legally required to have it in order for me to sell. That is a load of crap.
herman
Hardly. I might sell $400 in a good month. I’m off eBay now, they don’t need my personal information with all the hackers out there.
 you have to pay back all sales taxes you’ve received. Correct?

no, you never receive it.. they collect it from the buyer and send it to the states.. it does not come to the seller

It has been coming to me. It’s included in each payment I’ve received. That’s how I noticed I was getting more on the final payment than I expected.
Everyone please note that while eBay charges the buyer the sales tax and collects it from them, PayPal charges YOU the seller the PayPal fee on that sales tax that eBay collects in your transaction but which you don’t receive. I don’t know how this all works with eBays new payment methods. But I have had it with selling on eBay and nearly so with buying big ticket items on eBay. Let’s all support our non-eBay audiophile aftermarket marketplaces!