Class D amps that are superior to all or most?

Recently, I have heard about some Class D amps that may be close to the best there is regardless of class. Certainly, this technology has been in development for decades. The main issue has always been the switching power supply. In this regard, I have taken notice of AGD. They have created a whole new power supply that “switches” at a frequency 100 times the normal silicon based MOSFET. The designer uses a gallium nitride based PS. Interesting, it is enclosed in the KT88 glass envelope that sits on top of his amps. I am aware of two more pricey amps that seem to be also at the top- the Solution and the Merrill. There must be others that compete for the title. After my thread, “Is there a SS amp that can satisfy a SET guy?”, I am still on the quest.
Don’t want to spend $50K!
mglik
Regarding class D i would like to see manufactures building their own class D modules. We need more effort, these modules IceEdge ect. no matter what amp they are inserted in all have a familiar signature even though they are much better today that signature goes back a decade. Different name on the faceplate but same internals same sound, good but not great.

Several manufactures have designed their own class D modules and what i have heard AGD they are a major leap in SQ.

Competition is the only way to really advance class D to maybe go head to head with class A.
"Regarding class D i would like to see manufactures building their own class D modules. We need more effort, these modules IceEdge ect. no matter what amp they are inserted in all have a familiar signature even though they are much better today that signature goes back a decade. Different name on the faceplate but same internals same sound, good but not great.

Several manufactures have designed their own class D modules and what i have heard AGD they are a major leap in SQ."

Great post @rh67  I've heard AGD-based amps in 2019 in Munich (only 1 manufacturer) and thought they were damned impressive.
Oh gosh, I thought we were done with this.....again, here are 3 pictures of the insides of the i-v4 ultra......and what I see are 4 stock IceEdge modules. Does yours look different than these?

Said in good fun....

Must be a trick question :-) as that's my system so of course the insides of the amp and the boards top to bottom, look as they do in person to me as the pictures you highlighted since I took those pictures in the first place.

Doug was saying he has more technical details and I've been told by Legacy this is not stock modules in a box so since I'm just a customer I'm bowing out and letting all you industry vendors, service providers and reviewers talk through this.  I'd be interested in the conclusion but frankly I'm damned happy with my amp and was passing on what I see and what I've been told when asking questions. 
zephyr24069
Thanks. I live not far from Legacy and i plan on hearing their amps soon. I own the AGD's and i'am totally happy and not shopping, Legacy are close and i like to hear what's out there.

You system is impressive, enjoy the music.