No, You Cannot Bi-Amp

The new Magnepan 20.7 is not bi-ampable. The prior model 20.1 allowed bi-amping.

What sonic benefit if any, would any would a speaker gain by removing the capability to bi-amp?

I understand the big Wilsons are no longer bi-ampable either.

I have always been a huge fan of bi-amping.
128x128mitch4t
Jeffreybehr - Nigel Tufnel is (was?) the immortal lead guitarist from the mythical British rock group, Spinal Tap. He reached an amazing level of fame for being the owner of a guitar amp that went to ELEVEN. As he pointed out repeatedly, other guitar amplifiers only went to ten and were therefore inferior to his.
Last November we celebrated Tufnel Day on 11/11/11.
I don't see why people object to people who know nothing about bi-amping asking questions about it.
I know nothing about bi-amping.

I think I have a pretty good ear for music and have played instruments for a long time.

I recently replaced (for my Maggie 3.5's) my old Levinson 332 with two Magtech amps and I bi-amped those.
The improvement was spectacular.
I attribute that improvement to the fact that I am bi-amping.
This could wrong.
I was so looking forward to getting the new 20.7's and being able to use that bi-amping ability.

Now I learn that you cannot bi-amp these new speakers.

So why isn't it Ok to ask about bi-amping and what differences it makes and if it is that important maybe I should look for a good used pair of the 20.1's instead?
Nottop - I gather from your description that you simply removed the jumpers from your speaker binding posts and bi-amped your Maggies with the passive crossover already onboard. That approach maintains the integrity that Magnepan built into them.

If you had bypassed the integral passive crossovers and introduced an active crossover between your preamp and your two amplifiers, you would have opened a can of worms because of all the variables you would have had to match to restore the original balance. This is why amateurs are warned against jumping into bi-amping too eagerly. It is extremely difficult to get it right.
Hi macro -

yes - that's exactly what i did.
I'm not using an external crossover (although many tell me it's the way to go).
It sounds so good with the bi-amping and the crossover that came stock.