No, You Cannot Bi-Amp

The new Magnepan 20.7 is not bi-ampable. The prior model 20.1 allowed bi-amping.

What sonic benefit if any, would any would a speaker gain by removing the capability to bi-amp?

I understand the big Wilsons are no longer bi-ampable either.

I have always been a huge fan of bi-amping.
128x128mitch4t
As for Bombaywalla, I realize his need for clarity and precise arguments is bothering him when he reads my posts.
I tend to be oblique, and assume folks have some basic sense. Also perhaps he is not really getting some of my subtle humor?
To Elizabeth & all the other men: yes, this is the issue that I have w/ many(but not all) of Elizabeth's posts where I've written a rebuttal aimed at her.
Sometimes I get your humour but sometimes I do not.
I'm not totally rankled or totally mad but the lack of precision does get me off & on (I do not always rebutt Elizabeth's posts & she knows that).
As far as a woman knowing about audio - that has never been an issue for me. I welcomed it when I first started out on A'gon & I welcome it now. Au contraire, I wish that even more women would join the audio hobby & share their experiences. It might make for a more balanced exchange of ideas.
So, you men can stop making these massive leaps in your conclusions about my having issues with women knowing a lot about audio. I do not have any such issues.

And I look forward to years of you shaking your head in disgust at my writings.. LOL
yeah, LOL indeed. Sorry to disappoint you Elizabeth I won't be doing that now that you have stated your angle of writing such posts.

"Eldartford:
...True biamping means that you use a line level (sic) crossover."

WRONG. There are at least 2 types of biamping, and both are 'true'. Each has advantages and disadvantages.

"Subwoofers are almost always biamped."

WRONG again. In the last few decades, subwoofers are usually powered, but a powered SW is NOT biamped. Did you mean that by adding a powered SW to a system, the SYSTEM then becomes biamped?
"Macrojack:
Bi-amping (sic) provides more flexibility in circumstances where more flexibility is warranted. While that flexibility MIGHT provide improvements, it can provide problems. The Nigels of the world read this forum and will take advantage of the fact that the electronic crossover goes to eleven--or twelve.

I have owned and used actively bi-amped (sic) systems at least 3 times over the years. To me, they have held great potential that I never felt I fully realized. I even went so far this last time around to hire a professional sound man to come in and set it up for me. The results were very good--far better than what I was able to accomplish on my own, but in the end, I commissioned Bill Woods to design passive crossovers for my system. ...

My experience supports the KISS principle. There is way too much fantasy out there about DIY and mods. Some of us have the skills to know what's an improvement and what's just a way to spend money kidding ourselves. Most don't."

VERY well said, jack. Designing passive crossovers or even configuring active crossovers is NOT easy, at least not if you want to get it corrrect. The best passive crossovers include impedance- and phase-correction networks that are required for the system to sound correct, and when some amateur eliminates them to use an active crossover, the relationships between/among drivers is left uncorrected.

I built an open-baffle line-array system that used active filtering and biamping; the whole project turned out to be too complicated for this amateur to get right, and I simply gave up.

What's a 'Nigel'?