Streaming vs. CD

Is the digital signal of a server like Tidal of higher quality than that of a CD?
128x128rvpiano
i just compared some lossless tracks from Tidal to the same tracks of my hard drive in FLAC.  hard drive wins hand down.  more atmospheric, harmonic decay.  good bye streamer, hello Quboz and Presto download store.
My conclusion as well.  It makes sense, as with streaming from a vendor such as Tidal or Qobuz, there are some variables we cannot control, such as ISP bandwidth and any any shenanigans that might occur with the content provider.  Streaming is pretty good, and most people might prefer it for convenience.  Burning a large CD collection to a HD can be a pain, but once accomplished for me a much better solution.  I use Qobuz for non classical music listening and to audition new albums
I find Qobuz in hi-res really excellent for classical music. It’s gotten to the point on my system, for the first time, CDs sound identical to streaming. This was never the case previously.
‘Maybe it’s my new Cambridge streamer.
Interesting to see this thread come up again yesterday, and glad that the OP has found a good solution.
In my world, the streamer does make a difference in how things sound, as do the transport or CD player if playing physical discs.  Still using Tidal here and happy with the (non-MQA) sonics.  I don’t hear much/any difference between streamed Tidal and playing ripped CDs through my server’s SSD.  After recent system changes/upgrades I am closer to trying Qobuz but it is really about the content.  Can any of you tell me whether Qobuz have improved their blues/rock/pop library, and whether they offer an autoplay feature like Tidal?  That autoplay feature has been great for me, both for convenience when having people over and not wanting to babysit the music selection and also for hearing new tunes or revisiting tunes I have forgotten about.  When it first came out, it seemed that Qobuz was known more for their classical content but if they have gotten closer to Tidal with the other genres, it is time for me to give them a try.  The autoplay feature would be a welcome plus.
Progressed through CD's on a NAIM 555, then a Naim ripper ripped CD's to NAS,  then Tidal HiRes.

Now running Aurender N10 into Devialet D400 with optimized cables everywhere. In my set up, nothing beats Tidal 24/192.

I would say though that a very well recorded and engineered CD at 16/44 has better sq than a crappy recording at 24/192. More quality is "created" in the recording study than can be "created" in the home system.

My CD collection is stored in the Aurender hard drive but is seldom visited since Tidal sq is generally equal or better and the selection is mind blowing. 

I have also found that cable upgrades (Ansuz and Transparent) have made the whole system more musical with listener fatigue eliminated.