Do you care about car audio?

I like nice cars and I appreciate the fact that I've been fortunate enough to lease and drive some very nice ones.  I would never drive a luxury car out of warranty, but that's not my point.  My point is, as much as I love audio, I never really had any urge to upgrade my car audio system.  Whatever came with the car was totally satisfactory to me.  Right now, my car came with a somewhat upgraded Meridian stereo, but it is not the full-blown surround/subwoofer deal.  It sounds fine and I've never wanted more than a standard decent car radio had to offer.  
Do you people have any enthusiasm for upgraded car audio as opposed to stock?  Then again, truth be told, I've never listened to the fancy car setups and I might be tempted if I thought it was that much more enjoyable.  Who knows. 
chayro
8 years ago, Mazda lost a sale of a CX9 because the stereo sounded crap and had engine noise piped in for "zoom zoom."
I like audio in the car and millercarbon is right.  Great way to burn money- buying the top audio package from the oem or aftermarket. 
And I won’t pay for a performance exhaust unless it reduces weight. 
I have 2 cars that I drive.  One is a Mercedes E400 that has a delightful sound system.  The other is an Austin Healey Bugeye who sound system is a two barrel carb on a 948 engine into a very minimal muffler, always driven top down in Georgia.  It makes the Best sound!!
Car audio is like Home Theater: a great way to burn money that could have been spent on your stereo, where you would at least have some really good sound to show for it.
Exactly this.

About a decade ago I was really into car stereo. Kitted my Lincoln with TOTL Pioneer deck, Kappa component speakers, 200wpc 4ch Infinity amp, 2700w rms Soundstream mono amp driving 2 Audiopipe 15” subs mounted in an 8ft^3 ported enclosure, powered by a 220a alternator, 0ga power cables, and all manner of capacitors and Optima batteries. It was DISGUSTING. The bass made a person literally feel like they were going to vomit, and NO ONE ever made the mistake of riding with me twice.

Looking back, it’s embarrassing, like, “Wtf was I thinking?!”

My current car has a stock system, not even remotely inclined to upgrade it. Just as soon throw that money at my main system. Besides, it’s not like anything I put in my car is going to scratch the itch I have anyway.
Quad 8 Track.
6x9 coax speakers with horns, in the rear.
4 inch coax in the front doors. 
Riders on the storm, whats not to love ?.