Mini Maggies ?

Enter that in the search box here and nothing comes up ? Is any one using these ? What size room do you have if you are ? Impressions ?
128x128maplegrovemusic
My room is 11x14 8' ceilings . is this room small enough ? The magnepan website says desktop or small room.
They haven't given a specific figure, last this was being discussed (a while back) they were still waiting for reports from the field on where they might work outside the near field. You could try calling them and asking whether they think it will work.
Yyz--I do not know the answer to your question about the hight of the bass panel. My logic does tell me that it must be between the speakers for best performance since I can imagine it would have a high crossover frequency.

Maplegrovemusic--I am sure you will be fine, as long as you are listening near field. The room I auditioned them in was larger than yours.
Maplegrovemusic, Magnepan didn't demo the Minimags at a desk; they had them in a generous sized room with about ten people listening at a time. The speakers were maybe 15 feet from the listeners. So, in my mind there's a discontinuity between calling them desk/small space speakers and demoing them in a mid-size room. They sounded wonderful behind the mystical veil they had put up, but I was able to localize them and tell they weren't the larger panels. Still, they capture a lot of the greatness of panel sound.

You wouldn't have any problem imo with them in your room. What you would want to experiment with is the height they are placed prior to securing a permanent stand for them. Take a look at what I can put into a 13x23 room (but note, it's a custom room)! You wouldn't even begin to be pushing the envelope on size with minimags.

The only drawback is if you expected them to pressurize a room like a bigger monitor or small tower. You won't get that from them.