Can Magnepan survive Wendell Diller?

I bought my first set of Magnepans in 1976, and I currently have a pair of 1.7i's.

It is difficult for me to upgrade to the 3.7i's because their are so many things that the company can do to improve their product that they simply won't offer; upgraded crossover components, a solid wood/rigid frames and better stands are examples.

Other companies are now doing this, but Magnepan always says Wendell doesn't think that is a good idea.

Can a man who suggests using lamp cord for his speaker line really have that much control over an otherwise unique technological approach to speaker design? I must be missing something obvious when a product is hand assembled in MN and any of these upgrades would, in my mind, warrant factory upgrades. Who wouldn't spend an extra $1k for a 1.7i with a hardwood frame and an upgraded x-over? Adding a ribbon tweeter to the 1.7i would warrant an additional $1k, still bringing them in $2k under the 3.7i.

Is it common for one person to hold an entire company back in high end audio? 
128x128william53b
<<Is it common for one person to hold an entire company back in high end audio?>>
Yes.

I get it. I have talked to Wendell and I was fully blown off. However they have been in business a long time and they do offer a good product for the price so it's hard to argue with that.

How did Wendell blow me off? My six-pac amps didn't play well with my MMGs. I had a buzz at one frequency but it wasn't a panel buzz, it was an amp/loudspeaker interaction that occurred right at the crossover point. He blew me off and said that's just that crossover BS talk (I never heard or read any of that). I used 3 different amps but only the six-pacs had the issue. No issue for me really I put them on another amp, problem solved but Wendell had no interest in my problem.