Is it safe to use a higher amperage rating fuse?

Today was my 2nd attempt at trying out Synergistic Research fuses.  About 3 years ago when I had separates, including mono block amps, I bought a set of Blue fuses.  One component had a mfg spec of 250mA and the retailer said go with 315mA.  My two mono block amps each had a 6.3A.  When I installed them one of them blew upon powering up.  The retailer said we should go up to the next rating.  I was a bit frustrated at the experience and didn't feel comfortable putting higher values in my expensive components.  I felt these expensive fuses should be made to tighter tolerances than the cheap BUSS fuses I had been using.  If I remember correctly, that was the actual argument that the dealer told me.  They are mfg to tighter tolerances so a 5A SR fuse was almost dead-on 5A while a cheap fuse may actually be 5.3A or whatever.  This also was a bit confusing at the time so I sent them all back.

Okay...3 years have passed and now I have a single integrated amp which has a 5A fuse.  Much less to invest in the upgrade so I ordered an Orange.  It came in today...installed....pressed power...on and off went the amp.  DAMN!!  I contacted the retailer and SR on the same email.  This was a different dealer from 3 years ago.  The retailer said I should go to the next value up.  I said no and and they are waiting for the tracking info of my return shipment.

I did a quick search of my question before posting and saw a thread about the Red fuses and someone said they had to do the exact same thing.  Is everyone putting higher rated fuses in their gear that is worth thousands of dollars?  Is there no risk in this?  I admit that I don't know what could actually happen from that.  It seems that other things could burn up if a higher amperage fuse is in place.  I am compelled to simply stick to the mfg specs for something that I don't understand because I don't want to create problems just from a simple tweak.

Should I let them ship me a 6.3A or just be done with this?
dhite71
Go get yourself a box of assorted fuses at your local hardware store. Try them at different values. If you try higher than the manufacturers advice, keep your eyes, ears and nose open for signs of trouble. Make sure they're not only the right current value, but also the right speed (slow or fast) as per specs

If these fuses blow as well, contact the equipment manufacturer. There's something wrong with your equipment. If these fuses don't blow, you know the problems lies with your expensive fuses. Have a talk with *that* manufacturer. 

In the latter case, I'd stick with regular fuses of the specified values. Tweaks are nice, but can never be detrimental to health or safety. 

There is just so much to deal with in that question, adn the related storeis, that my head spins.
Simple answer: generally no.  And the ONLY time you should deviate is if you understand the reason the engineering, and then you would not b asking.
The story about the fuse being spot on 5A and therefore sounding better is just so incomprehensibly flawed that i wont even begin.
Fuses make no difference at all, unless they blow.  Test it, blind and matched, yourself.
use the same value fuse.
If it blows think about the turn on sequence. Some amps (like everything i ever designed0 must have the low level circuitry stabilize for, oh, 60 seconds, before the main power is turned on or a fuse WILL blow. All this ought to be in the manual, which you have read, right?
I have tested it. No fuse sounds best - bypassed. High end fuse sounds next best. Stock fuse the worst. So simple to hear anyone open minded enough can hear it.
Build gear with high quality on/off breakers to avoid the whole fuse sonic bottleneck.

Lots of over-the-top fear based posting here. Sorry, just is.
Typical breaker has 3x or more the resistance of a fuse for a given current rating at room temperature. Audio is typically running at a fraction of rated power, so fuses typically are not even getting warm, and low power equipment normally has a fuse rated many times its requirement.
Have you tried a nice breaker as an on/off in your builds? If not, you have no idea how much better they sound than a fuse. Some smart builders use them. I use them all the time.  I have spend the time and effort to compare.