Audio Research CD-7 versus CD3-mkII

I own the CD3-mkII, which I believe is a fabulous player, especially for its reasonable cost.

Anyone have the opportunity to compare the CD7 to it, especially with the same ancillary equipment??

I welcome your detailed listening comments, as I am considering this upgrade. By the way, I listen to classic rock, r & b, and some classical music, so my tastes are all over the place.
audioesq
Last time I was over at Lyric they didn't have CD3 on the shelf. I specifically went there to listen to it. Thanks for the Mount Kisco place. I'll check it out.
Arthurp,

Thank you for your feedback. I realize this is a difficult task, but could you specify in detail the differences you heard on your system, i.e. bass, midrange, treble or similar categories? Could you also specify what other equipment you are using? I value your judgment ahead of an in-store listening session with unfamiliar equipment and room acoustics.

My system consists of BAT VK-51se preamp, Krell 350mcx monoblocks, Dynaudio Temptation speakers, with power cords by Cardas GR and The Essence Reference Plus, interconnects by Cardas GR and Kimber Select 3035 speaker cable. Each component is powered up through separate Transparent PIXLs. The listening room is treated with Echobusters absorbers and diffusers, etc.

I do plan to audition a CD7 in my own system to compare. Thanks for your time. The bottom line: is it worth the extra $$$?
Audioesq,

It's been over a week that I've been without the CD3 MKII. You have a very impressive system. You are the only person who can judge "if it's worth the money". With that said I'll offer you a few words about the CD7. I now have about 125 hours on the player. That was not nearly enough to realize full break in on my CD3. It might not be enough time for my CD7 either. The sound is very powerful. The base is stronger than the CD3 MKII. The mid-range has more bloom to it (tubes) and is very three dimensional. The treble, is extended but not what I'd describe as bright. Overall it is similar to the CD3 MKII, but significantly more so. That is a tough concept to comprehend. I find there is a lot of emotion to the sound. I can tell you I love it . It's the best player I've had in my system which is currently evolving. I have Von Schweikert VR7 SE's. I use Verbatim interconnects and speaker cable. Verbatim is made by Paul Garner in TN. He is the set up person for Von Schweikert Audio. The cabling was worked on in conjunction with Albert Von Schweikert. I use VH Audio AirSine power cords on all components. I'll be receiving a new imported integrated amp this week. More about the integrated later.
Arthurp,

Well, I pulled the trigger. Received my CD7 last week and it is still breaking in. I look forward to sitting down and spending some time listening to it after about 200 hours break-in.
I will let you know. Once again, thank you for your thoughts and comments.
Arthurp, because I heard so much good about CD3 MkII, I purchased it. BTW, have you used your ARC players, either CD3 or CD7, with XLR cables or single ended into your pre-amps? CD3 MkII with XLR cables sounds significantly better than with the same cables in RCA term. I would think that same would apply to CD7.
Regards.