Audio Research CD-7 versus CD3-mkII

I own the CD3-mkII, which I believe is a fabulous player, especially for its reasonable cost.

Anyone have the opportunity to compare the CD7 to it, especially with the same ancillary equipment??

I welcome your detailed listening comments, as I am considering this upgrade. By the way, I listen to classic rock, r & b, and some classical music, so my tastes are all over the place.
audioesq
Arthur, I like ARC stuff. I have ARC pre and had a CD2 in my rig for about 2 weeks(borrowed from a friend who has all ARC gear in his system) and liked it as well. I never listened to CD3, so I guess that made me curious how it sounds. But thanks for your reply. As I said before, I had no intensions to steer this off topic. thanks.
Audiophile - I just sold my CD3 in mint condition to someone on Audiogon for $2,400 delivered. From my perspective he got an incredible piece of equipment for an awesome price. You might want to buy a used CD3 and see for yourself. Exact presentation of sound is something that is very hard to articulate. I will tell you that the sound is extended and relaxed at the same time. You get all the detail but your ears don't hurt in the process. You can listen to this player for hours on end.
Arthur, I appreciate your thoughts on the CD3. I would like to audiotion it, possibly in my system, but there are just not that many ARC dealers left around NYC. And if they do cary some ARC, it does not necessarily mean they have CD3 for demo or even in stock.
Lyric HiFi is in NYC and my favorit Audio Outlet is in Mount Kisco (Westchester)
Last time I was over at Lyric they didn't have CD3 on the shelf. I specifically went there to listen to it. Thanks for the Mount Kisco place. I'll check it out.