What amp to match with Spatial Audio M3 Sapphire open back speakers

Fellow audiogoners,
If all goes well, I will shortly be the proud owner of a lightly used pair of Spatial Audio M3 Sapphire open back speakers.
The trouble is that in making this acquisition, I will have expanded most of my intended "hobbies" budget,yet still need to purchase an amplifier that will make the speakers sing.
The rest of my modest setup consists of: Bluesound Node 2i streamer, SMSL SU-8 V2 DAC, ProJect Debut Carbon Esprit TT.
The listening room is our living/dining room (400 sqft), and our music ranges from classical to world, with a good dose of classic rock and jazz of all types. We also like to turn things up from time to time...to dance!
Sound characteristics I appreciate the most are: musicality, definition but not too clinical, wide and open sound stage, tight impactful bass, and most realistic vocals. 

I am thus calling on all Spatial Audio M3 owners and others to request your advice/guidance in helping me select an integrated amplifier at a budget of around $2500.
Thanks very much for your input and experiences, have a nice weekend and please stay safe!jlr261
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjlr261
Thanks very much for your suggestions, even if the high and low order harmonics part kinda went over my head...
One of the differences you hear in all amplifiers is how they make distortion. Solid state tends to sound bright and harsh relative to tubes because the harmonic distortion they make is mostly higher ordered harmonics. The ear converts all distortion into a tonality- hence the brightness of solid state.

Tubes tend to make a lot more distortion but it tends to be lower ordered harmonics- the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. The ear is less sensitive to these (the higher orders are used to sense sound pressure, so the ear is keenly sensitive to them, please note that the brightness of solid state is caused by a very small amount of distortion) but the ear does treat the lower orders as a sort of 'warmth' or 'bloom'; these being the most common audiophile terms to describe lower ordered harmonics.

Some solid state people object to this coloration (thinking its caused by frequency response error, which it is not) and the most 'colored' in this regard are SETs. Much of this coloration can be removed if the tube amp is simply wired fully balanced from input to output; this causes the even ordered harmonics to be cancelled. This is desirable if getting closer to the music is your goal. SETs can be really neutral too, but to take advantage of them in this regard you need a very efficient speaker, typically over 100dB.
Dear atmasphere,
Thank you very much for the clear and detailed explanation of the different harmonic distortion types.

I have definitely learned quite a bit today and shall integrate this information as I go about trying out and selecting components for my new setup.

I should have added if you have a tube amp or a McIntosh tube or solid-state amp the 2,4,8-ohm outputs, the 4-ohm outputs make the Sapphire M3's sing like no other. The 8-ohm tap sounds louder, but it throws off the wonderful balance tone of the speakers. Using the 4 Ohm tape you just have to raise your volume on the preamp a bit more, and you will also find you have more control over the volume level. With 8 ohms the M3's sound good, with 4 ohms exceptional. 
I should have added if you have a tube amp or a McIntosh tube or solid-state amp the 2,4,8-ohm outputs, the 4-ohm outputs make the Sapphire M3's sing like no other.
I suspect this is not correct. The reason is we have customers using our S-30 amp on this speaker and the S-30 has a rather high output impedance (and no 4 ohm taps as its an OTL). I've not heard this combo myself but Clayton (the designer) has- contact him to see what he thinks.

Hello again atmasphere and phillyb,
I was surprised to see additional contributions to this thread I created when I almost scored a mint pair of Spatial Audio M3 Sapphires...
As I wrote in my very last post, the sale unfortunately fell through as the seller apparently received a better offer for his speakers. Too bad for me!
In any case, regardless of whether I own these speakers or not, I'm getting a real education here, and really do appreciate your respective contributions.
Obviously, learning is a process, and I sometimes get a little confused when sorting through conflicting information. But hey, no worries, I am well aware and cognizant enough not to take everything I read here as gospel.

The proof will always be MY ears...
So the search continues, and as we prepare to finally relocate to the US this summer, I am anxious to start all over again from scratch, and will definitely be seeking fellow goners' input as I navigate through the possibilities.

Thanks again and please stay safe!