The Absurdity of it All

50-60-70 year old ears stating with certainty that what they hear is proof positive of the efficacy of analog, uber-cables, tweaks...name your favorite latest and greatest audio "advancement." How many rock concerts under the bridge? Did we ever wear ear protection with our chain saws? Believe what you will, but hearing degrades with age and use and abuse. To pontificate authority while relying on damaged goods is akin to the 65 year old golfer believing his new $300 putter is going to improve his game. And his game MAY get better, but it is the belief that matters. Everything matters, but the brain matters the most.
jpwarren58
And on the same off-message point, a withering put-down to humble the 1960s Bob Dylan:

Lady Astor:  'Winston, you are drunk.”
Churchill:  “And you, madam, are ugly. But I shall be sober in the morning, and you will still be ugly.”
I've seen Iron Maiden 4 times not once with ear protection. Yes I am a complete zipperhead. My 3rd time was @ MSG in 2016 and my ears literally rang for 4 days. I have lost quite a bit of trust in my ears, but it was so worth it, LOL!

But I can still hear well enough to hear that sweet sound of my Dynaudios and know when I added my Bifrost 2 there was a huge audible improvement!
Possibly of interest: "We propose that age-related hearing loss may be associated with poor micronutrient status. Two of the most common vitamin inadequacies in the elderly are vitamin B-12 and folate (15).....The cochlea of the inner ear is where much of the hearing loss in the elderly is believed to occur (23). The cochlea is highly vascularized and is supported by a single artery. High homocysteine concentrations associated with low vitamin B-12 status, low folate status, or both were shown to be a risk factor for cerebral, coronary, and peripheral vascular disease (24). Perhaps high homocysteine concentrations associated with poor vitamin B-12 or folate status also adversely affect blood flow to the cochlea. Low vitamin B-12 status may also impair myelination of the neurons in the cochlear nerve...." https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/69/3/564/4694205
More to discover