Spectral SDR-4000S

Anyone heard the new Spectral player? What is it priced at? How does it compare to players at this level like the EMM gear?
redspectral
Wow I thought no one would answer my thread.

You must be pretty lucky as I went to my local dealer and was told that there is a 1-1/2 year wait on the player. I haven't had a chance to hear it yet.

Did you order yours fairly early?

I'm curious how it compares to other high end cd players. I do agree it probably sounds best with an all Spectral system.

Thanks
I have the Spectral 4000S since 12/05.
It is a wonderful unit & beats the EMM Lab combo in musicality. I liked it better than the Remeiyo unit from Japan.

It is however bettered by the Apl NWO-1
To Mburnstein

When I listen to the Spectral 4000S in an all Spectral System ( 30 SL Ref Preamp & Four 360 Ref Amps & Avalon Oriris system ), as good as it sounds, I still consciously aware that I am listening to HiFi, indeed very very good Hi Fi.
The APL NWO-1 takes it to the next level of just being there ! There is no digital glare at all. It compares very favorably to an excellent Analogue system in the same set up.

However, system matching is also very important as like any thing else. It will only be as good as the weakest chain.