Is it a Merger or Bust?

Home Theater from the 2 Channel perspective.

Consider a good Stereo set-up. Room and all. 
How do you get audio in without all the hoopla of a surround set-up?

Is it a Merger or Bust?
mikewerner
That’s all great, but if you are like me, I detest and refuse to put my TV in between speakers......so....and my 2 channel is probably over 85% analog use. So, not sure why ‘digital’ is any reason to go one way or the other.
My 2 channel line source feeds into my preamp-processor, the processor feeds into the 2 channel preamp. 
@islandmandan — why would you feed your 2-channel source into the prepro when the whole point is to keep the prepro completely out of the stereo signal path?

I'm thinking of adding a drop down screen and a killer projector to get video.  Then I start with just using my 2 channel system for the audio, and hear what I hear.  Like MC said.  The screen would only be down to interfere with the sonics when I'm watching something.
I tried it years ago. It seemed like a simple process to do. I put a 3 channel amp/processor in the tape loop of my 2 channel system. And, of course the rear and center channel speakers.

It was OK at best & complicated as he** to operate with the various remotes & routine to setup for home theater. My wife hated it because she didn't know which buttons to push and when. I was & am really more into 2 channel anyway. So I abandoned the idea a yr or so after setting it up. Now I just have 2 channel home theater when needed, most always for concerts. Much simpler. Sounds great with concerts.  We're both happy

I've gotten 'so clever' in the past. You eventually realize, 'too clever'. Keep em separate.

2 Channel Music System and Home Theater are not the same goals, especially considering the fundamental need for presenting sound to perhaps '3 people wide' up front. 

More to discover