Mojo Audio Mystique EVO

Mojo Audio updated their website yesterday with details on the next generation of the Mojo Mystique DAC, the Mystique EVO.

Unlike the V3, the EVO has upgrade options for component, isolation and shielding upgrades - at purchase or to be upgraded later.   The website states there are plans to release new boards for ethernet/roon, and other dac chips like the PCM63.

I pre-ordered an EVO in late February with a few upgrades.  I'm expected to receive it in 1-2 weeks, and I'll post my impressions after some time with it.  I currently have the Mystique V3 and I find it fantastic.  Really looking forward to hearing Ben's next iteration.

veroguy
I agree the streamer/server does make a difference.  I have been thinking about upgrading an older but still very functional and good-sounding Antipodes DX3 server that I use to run Roon/Tidal and store/play a small/moderate sized CD collection.  I am wondering how much better things can sound.  Are any of you EVO DAC owners using Benjamin's  Deja Vu EVO server?
My EVO has about 500 hours now and I'm really enjoying it.  I'm very impressed with its overall balance and coherency.  I can't find anything wrong with its sound at this point (some DACs are too bright, hard, or muffled; or have a strange tonality to them, lack of bass, etc., etc.).  I've been listening to some older CDs of un-amplified classical music that I like the music on but otherwise in the past have been somewhat 'blah' - with the EVO I feel like I am hearing the music more 'live', as in at the recording session.  The venue of the recording, space and timing is better represented.  I would call this DAC detailed - normally when I think detail (especially with digital) I think about hearing details I have not heard before (like someone breathing or a chair creaking in the background) or perhaps some higher level treble information that offers more of the recording.  While some of that is there too, I think the Mojo is resolving in that I am hearing beautiful tone and instrument timbre presented in a natural way (as part of the larger recording) that just sounds real, organic and very musical. But it's not coloration, it's detail in the recording.  Excellent !
Just got my EVO back from Mojo Audio.  I had the the Sparkos opamps changed to the Staccato's Ben is now using in the '21 version.

It's an improvement to my ears.  Not a change in character, but a small but noticeable refinement in detail and coherence.  Recommended.

@grannyring , do you have the Staccato opamps in your EVO?
@grannyring have you played enough with the different chokes to have an idea of the difference in sound?  I read somewhere the Lundahl amorphous core might present a little more detail but the regular ones are rounder sounding.  Also is the choke upgrade in the digital path a worthy upgrade?