What phono preamp are you using?

Anyone using a Soundsmith cartridge? And if so what phono preamp are you using? (Individuals with other cartridges feel free to chime in!)
james1911
@bekeske  Jim's response makes sense and compares well with my contact.  He of course recommended checking with Jim to be sure.  His thoughts were it should be okay.  The tubes would likely run a bit hotter and thus might cut tube life a little shorter but this would likely depend on the tube design itself (some are more sensitive to running hotter than others).  Ran my system a good amount this weekend since it was rainy outside and the Trumpet is really starting to shine.  I think it's pulled up along side my other setup that I'm very fond of.  It may even be better in detail, settling on the right amount of warmth.  The depth/width of soundstage is what I've been waiting for which is where my IA Tele combo really excelled.  Sound stage on that combo is very good.  Once I get some a little more time on the Trumpet, I'll A/B them.  Currently, I'm not running dampers on the tubes.  I think I like them off for now.  These tubes seem fairly low in microphony for now at least.  I suppose that could change and I'm told a little pinch of microphony is not necessarily a bad thing.  
Have a Soundsmith Sussurro mk ll that I ran into a Parasound JC-3 that sounded very good overall but lacked that last bit of tracing prowess that should be inherent at this level. Currently have a Benz-Micro Wood SL on a Thales Easy tonearm running into a Sutherland Little Loco that has beat all comers so far. Synergy is everything especially in phono playback... 
I use an Austin Audio Works Black Swan.  Detail, resolution, low noise, but two extras I found useful.  

Cartridge loading from the front panel so I can change in while listening, has continuous R and step[ed C.  My Koetsu got better when loaded up at about 500 ohms.  I guess all the timbre stuff is true

Also the MC input is balanced but uses standard RCA wiring.  They say, and I found that, my SME arm is wired balanced all the time I have had it.  Properly loads the whole thing.

I operate using a direct balanced feed from my Swan to my amplifier and use the Gain control on the Swan to set the level.  Sounds like vinyl should.

@mbzmeister

I tried it, and took it out. The LPS I had was getting too hot to my comfort level, (not the Trumpet), so removed it. Perhaps a bad match for whatever reason, and perhaps the SBooster is simply a better product for the Trumpet, and I could consider that.

To be honest, after re-hooking up the Trumpet LPS wall wart, it sounded just fine anyway in comparison. So many things can come into play with these things.

One thing is for sure, I think the Hagerman Trumpet is a very good pre for the money, and per the reaction and comparisons to other users previous or existing higher cost equipment, it seems to be ’punching well above its weight’.
Post removed