Sellers: When do you drop your price?

Selling my first piece of gear.  I've had a lot of views but no offers. It's been about 5 days. Great condition, 2 years old, offering about about 1/3rd off. No original box.

Perhaps all gear is particular, so if that's so, we can end this thread right here. But in case there's a general bit of advice, How long do you let an ad marinate before adjusting the price?
128x128hilde45
it's my opinion and my moral approach to not sell something for more than I paid for it to a private party. All I said was that I disagree. Anyone can disagree with me, as well, it's called a discussion
No, actually, this is a thread that you would have been better off not contributing to at all. Use some discretion, as it really doesn't deserve or ask for your personal views.
@gano  I’m interested in the reasoning behind your moral opinion. Please elaborate and let’s discuss. I’d like to know what’s behind your statement. I teach ethics and am interested. 
@hilde45
I guess it's twofold but the short version is Karma.
I was raised with catholic values and I am an anti-salesmen. I was taught to please and make others feel good and my own prosperity cannot come at the expense of others'. This was in Eastern Europe that had vastly different values than the US. If I get 5 bucks extra from the cashier in the store by mistake, and I notice it when I get home, I cannot rest until I take it back. I feel that we cannot expect to be treated fairly unless we treat our neighbors fairly. That includes not to tip the balance of personal financial transactions, and not profiting at the expense of others. Maybe it sounds stupid and idealistic or even wasteful and generous as some people swap goods to buy groceries. Luckily I haven't had to find and make good deals just to pay the bills.
A good example was my last attempt to sell a pair of speakers here: I would definitely not want to be treated the way I was by audiogon members and I couldn't treat sellers like that.
Thank you for the explanation, gano. Someone with enough money bought my amplifier. Would it help you to know that I contribute more than the difference in price to charitable causes? Such as food banks and homeless organizations? I would say that from an ethical perspective, the money is doing much more good than it could for an audiophile. 
I still think the reasons about a fair and honest exchange are sufficient, but since you raised the ethical dimension, I addressed it.