Music Hall CD-25.5 vs CD-25 w/mods??

I was going to pick up a NAD C542 but now thinking of going for a Music Hall CD-25. I can get a C-25 w/level 3 mods for $200 more then the NAD but now found I can buy the newest Music Hall MMF CD-25.5 for $540.00 brand new(which is $60 less then the 25 w/mods). My question is: did they improve the 25.5 to the point where it would be up there with a MMF CD-25 with mods?? Unfortunately I can't go much higher $$ wise, $400 was my limit but might as you can see I'm pushing it a bit. Also thinking it maybe overkill considering my system. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..
My modest system:
NAD T752
Paradigm Studio 20v3
Technics SL-Q2 Phono
AudioSource Sub(next on my list for replacing)
Yamaha CDX-710 CD-Player(15 Yrs old,getting replaced now)
pmt1209
I would go for abetter player to start off with, Why mod a music Hall it is an entery levek poayer at best. Put your money in a better source right off the Bat. WHATS YOUR MAX BUDGET?
You should consider an Onix xcd-99 which sells for $399 for the stock machine. Onix is the same player as the MH internally, from what I understand. There are mods available for the Onix as well.
You may also want to take a look at 6moons where they compared two levels of mods on the CD25 to the stock unit. This will give you an idea on how much to expect from mods and a basis of comparison for what you learn from Sugarbrie's suggestion.
Mapleleafs's quote: "WHATS YOUR MAX BUDGET?"

I would have to say between $400 and $500, possibly 600 if it was something I just couldn't resist.. Money is quite tight these days with 3 teenage girls :).
If you were to really get objective reviews of players before, and after mods, I bet the results would be a mixed bag. Perceived improvements in some areas, tradeoffs in others. Mods don't always improve the subjective long term listenability and thus enjoyment of a specific player. There is a lot of hype in this business. My advice, as has already been mentioned, is to go with the newer player. In most cases, you will be better off. This is a generalization though, and there will be plenty of exceptions.